Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Does anyone know of any reliable websites with information about renting a vacaton home in Europe? Or has anyone had experience with this?

We were thinking of staying someplace for up to a month and I thought it would be more fun to stay in a house or apartment rather than a hotel. I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Joan

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
You're right, staying in an apartment is much better for any time longer than a week.

www.venere.com has some apartment rental information.

Wine Host, Italian Food, Library Sciences Host
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Hi

www. slowtravel.com is a good website for Europe, and for Spain www.toprural.com.

It is so difficult to choose as their are so many websites out there.

I have a house to rent in Spain and most of the websites just take your money to advise.

There are no checks, no standards and for most of them you don't even have to be legally registered.

That's why I reccommend toprural, the houses that advertise on there have to be legally checked and paying their taxes!

Rachel, Spanish Cult Ed
Andalucia Holidays

S
S
I've had some decent luck with Interhome. The have sites in a number of countries, and from there you can navigate to thousands of listings of houses and appartments.

I rented a house in southern France through them, and an appartment in the Swiss Alps. Both times I was satisfied with the service and things were simple. The advantage of working through an agency (there are many others) is that if something goes wrong, there's someone there who can take care of it, often in a foreign language.

Have a great vacation!
Leyla

Women on the Road
Inspiration for women who love to travel on their own!
S
SRS Offline
Shark
Shark
S
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I prefer to travel this way. I spent 3 months in England in a rented home. We got to fix our own food and really feel what it was like to LIVE there.
p
I have heard some people do a house swap kind of thing. They register their home to be used and somehow people are matched up. I talked to one lady who lived near Oxford England who had spent time in San Francisco as well as further South in California while someone was staying in her home. Their accomodations didn't cost them anything, so their only expense was their air fare and rental car while they were there.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I haven't done this in Europe but we have rented large vacation homes in the US and had family reunions there. Everybody chipped in to pay for it, plus bought food and helped fix it. It was a wonderful vacation!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I can't remember the name of the movie I once watched about two young women who were bored with their lives. One lived in Europe and one lived in California. Somehow they connected thru the internet and rather than spending money on rentals they just traded residence for the summer. Is there anything like that available in real life? That would be so cool to trade homes with someone in a country you want to visit. Maybe I will look into that myself to see if I can find someone in Ireland who would be interested.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
The movie was the Holiday with Kate Winslett. It was a terrific movie! I would love to do that. Of course, they kind of ended up exchanging lives as well as residences.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Quite a big company in England is called Country Holidays although they also do city rentals too - we have used them several times - London vacation rentals are very popular - try English Heritage and the National Trust for the peachiest period properties (not the cheapest though lol - Stately Homes etc included!) London fun rentals could include things like apartments in castles, gaols, palaces and other old historic houses!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.