Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
What's hot and what's not in your world of crochet right now??

Hot for me right now is Crochet Jewelry as I am working towards a big craft fare later this month.

Not Hot is chunky crochet - think that the warmer weather is turning me onto the thiner fibers.

and you.....?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Sculptural crochet is big for me right now--I am getting books and reading up on making bowls, vases, sculptures, etc from "hard crochet" and "tapestry crochet" techniques. The projects are small and I would get to use beads and fiber I normally wouldn't in a knitted or crocheted garment.

Koala
Koala
Forgive this question but how can you use a crochet bowl? is it like a candy bowl or one that you use to sever dinner with?

Shark
Shark
Crochet bowls are often used as covers over plain bowls to hold the warmth or to hold deco items on tables. The only foods I'd put in one directly would be paper-wrapped candies. I've seen some milk glass crocheted bowls of different sizes used as a focal point, and they were gorgeous. One even had crocheted flowers in it.

Sharlene Thomas
Career Training Editor, Bella Online
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I've made bowls out of cut up strips of plastic bags, and used them as soap bowls and pots out of string and twine. I have also crocheted pots and vessels out of wool rovings and then felted them, dry felting decoration around the rim. I'll look to see if I have some pics of them, they were quite cute.

Bookratt - I'm interested in finding out more about what you are doing - do give us an update with your projects...

Sharlene - excuse my ignorance, however what is milk glass?

Kate

S
S
I recently learned 'many hands' crochet and am looking forward to putting the technique to use within my shawl ministry. For those of you who don't know, the basic idea is someone starts a granny square and then four people sit around and work a side. Once finished with the side, you turn it and continue working. It is so much fun!

Shark
Shark
Milk glass was very common in the mid-40s-60s. It's very pretty and is the color of milk and somewhat opaque with a bluish cast. If you google it, there are many sites that have pictures.

Sharlene Thomas
Career Training Editor, Bella Online
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
Koala
Koala
WOW sounds cool!!! I like the idea of a PrayShawl ministry too!!!

Gecko
Gecko
at the moment, nothing is "hot" for me. I've been searching for a new project for weeks, and nothing seems to grab me. I really want to make an afghan for my new-daughter-in-law-to-be, but just can't seem to find the right one. =(

Melissa
What's hot for me now is shawls, ponchos, wraps, hats, scarves, evening bags, and totebags ....... getting ready for my juried arts and crafts fairs in about three weeks has my attention. I love crocheting these things. They are mindless, meaning I can indulge my creativity without straining my brain, fairly quick to do, turn out well and sell well. Anything more complicated than these and it would be a turn off for me at the moment anyways.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.