Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#232584 02/17/06 11:07 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I was wondering where you purchase your candlemaking supplies? Online, or at stores such a Hobby Lobby? I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but I'm just looking for a low priced reliable store to buy from - preferably online. If my first few candles turn out horrible, then I won't have wasted too much money "learning the ropes". Thanks!

http://www.seekingenlightenment.com
***From Aromatherapy to Zen, we've got all of your spiritual and healing information. Also check out our FREE Love Spells section and our Bath and Body page to turn your regular tub into a day spa experience***
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I usually purchase mine online and also I have a candle making supplier next to where I live..Usually if you order online then you can buy a 10 lb slab of wax for little of nothing. Also as far as the container you can use about any kind of jar. The best place I have found to buy the wax is Candlewic.com

keegansmom
Cheshire,

I purchase my candlemaking supplies from several different vendors, both online and locally. Over time you will find the best products with the best prices. I use Candlewic and AAA Candle Supply online. They are listed on the Candlemaking site under supplies. I will be adding more online suppliers after I make sure that they are quality and reputable suppliers. Candlewic has given me excellent customer service over the last several years.

J
J
I purchase all my supplies from Alabaster Fragrance and Color. I've been buying all my candle and soap making supplies from them for years. I love their fragrances!!! My favorite is Mulled Cider. They also have a great forum for candle makers..the scent review. Anyway, there are a lot of suppliers out there on the internet but these guys are my favorite. Good luck with your search!!

Shark
Shark
We buy most of our basic stuff from AC Moore, because we are lucky to have a store locally.

Kathi
I use several different suppliers online and 2 local. Any costs you can save skipping shipping it is worth a try. Just a word of caution... I have been doing this over 20 years, and yes, I started out with a child's candlemaking kit from a hobby store but! there is a huge difference in quality between a hobby store and a professional supplier. Also keep in mind... typically, not all, hobby stores are also paying for pretty packaging. As a chandler, I could care less about fancy the packaging, just the quality of the product.

Last but not least, for most serious chandlers research and development takes quite a chunk of time. Remember, you are creating something that you either plan to eventually put a flame to or set on a heat source... it's kinda serious to test test test!

Best to you!

Let me be a blessing this day...
C.Lane, www.chandlerlane.com
I make candles sometimes, and love Nature's Garden. I like how they give you reviews, too. Depending on what or why you are making candles... these are good quality, which means more $$$. smile

Andrea B.
taburl@yahoo.com
You Are What You Think.
[url=www.MySoyBox.org]www.MySoyBox.org[/url]
G
G
can i get good candle making supplies at a michael's? I received really awesome candles called mia bella..but i have no idea where to purchase them. I got them as gifts.

Live life to the fullest...and look good doing it
Tateossian
J
J
Good morning..

This is you personel invitation to visit our website, www.texascandlesupply.net, you will find all supplies there. Thank you.

Last edited by Jim Huffman; 08/30/07 09:22 AM.
I second the Candlewic suggestion. I also like to use genwax.com. That's where I 'learned the ropes' of candle making.

The supplies you can get at Michael's and other local craft stores are fine, but you can save money in the long run by ordering in bulk from websites. You can also get 'pre-blended' waxes so you don't have to do the work of putting in additives yourself.

Also, if there is a wholesale place near you geared toward people who run craft stores, there's a good chance they'll have wax there. I used to run a craft store and that's where my boss got all her supplies (we did soy candles) at great prices. You don't have to run a business to shop there.

Hope this helps!

Amelia Johnson
Party Planning Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.