P
Yes. it does that.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I think panic attacks need to be handled differently than other forms of stress. What do the rest of you think?

P
Shark
Shark
P
panic attacks are not plain anxiety. they can be very serious and debilitating. One of the results of trauma for a long period.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
i think the thinking is different with panic attacks... it's more difficult to override in the usual way because reasoning doesn't work as well. But distraction can help, as can other techniques.

P
Shark
Shark
P
Distraction?
You mean read newspaper, solve puzzles?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
i purchased a program after my marriage. The progam is about how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks. It recommended different things for different levels of anxiety, and you are supposed to personalize it, too. Here, i'll show you. This is from Conquer Your Anxiety Success Program by Deanne Repich BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

P
Shark
Shark
P
Holly,

Did this help you?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Yes, very much. And some of it stayed with me, but it's time i go over it again and also try to pick up ideas i missed the first time i used it.

There is a lot more to the program. It teaches about how diet, exercising, breathing and other physical factors affect anxiousness. What happens inside the body during panic. It goes into detail how to recognize thoughts that escallate anxiety, how to recognize false thinking, how to replace those thoughts and break the chain when your anxiety is increasing. It has in it how to express your emotions safely, how to get better sleep, all sorts of things, and it comes with a guided relaxation recording. It prevented the worst of the symptoms for me and perhaps if i do it again i can get more out of it.

P
Shark
Shark
P
Thanks Holly.
I will pass on this to CD. He needs this.

Whenever I get stressed, which can be often, dependent on what's going on at the moment, doesn't matter if it's negative or positive, I usually get up and walk away for a bit. Sometimes I go outside to my garden, sometimes I just pick up something else to do inside (I'm self employed and work from home.)

If that doesn't work, and really it's just a diversionary tactic of focusing elsewhere and clearing my mind, then I sit down with a good old cup of herbal tea and listen to music, something mild like New Age or whatnot.

Really, negative or positive, stress is just a state of mind we get ourselves worked up into. It's something you have complete control over ~ if it's negative, ask yourself is it really worth it to get worked up over it, and what will working yourself up over it actually accomplish? If it's positive, the same thing, although that seems to me to be more instant euphoria then you come crashing back to earth and start worrying.

The energy that gets put into stress can be channelled into so many other energies which is why it's JMHO that we have complete control over stress. I may not be right about this, but it's worked for me ever since I convinced myself. LOL

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.