logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I would like to try the Bare Minerals make-up as the demo on the paid programming ads make it seem as if the coverage gives you flawless skin. I have a few sunspots and since "I'm fair, they glare."

I currently use Bobbi Brown cover stick but it is a bit greasy and comes off on thngs like phones, etc., anything I place next to my cheek.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has sucessfully used Bare Minerals and why, or why not, they recommend it.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
I love using mineral make up. It's makes your skin look very smooth.

Last edited by Discover Arbonne; 06/29/07 10:48 PM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Okay, but this is a conflict of interest here as you are obviously selling a certain name product.

I'm asking if anyone has tried Bare Minerals make-up, someone who is NOT selling the product. An unbiased person, so to speak, please!!

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
D
D
I also have used bare mineral make up I ordered off the TV. I liked it.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Well i know this is a late reply... but i have tried the Physicians Formula Mineral Makeup mosaic that is in most stores. basically i like it. Not sure i was using it right the first time i put it on, but i may have put it on too thick lol. when i sweated and dabbed at it, it came off and looked like i'd been crying!
i've had more luck with just a short sweep of it on my face. can't rave about it though. wasn't exactly what i thought it would be.
anyway thats my opinion of it.

flowr
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~W.B. Yeats ~
I've tried Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals. Both are great products, but Everyday Minerals is much cheaper and comes in matte and semi-matte in addition to the Original Glo, just in case you don't like the shiny look. If you're curious, you can go to the website (www.everydayminerals.com) and order a sample kit. I think you get three foundations, a blush and a finishing powder. They are free,except for shipping, which is about $3. The samples are good for about 5-7 applications, which should give you a good idea of if the products are right for you.

Last edited by Kari- Softball Editor; 08/21/07 11:49 PM.

Kari Livingston
Softball Editor
S
S
I've tried Bare Minerals but I agree it's pretty shiny and I already have somewhat oily skin, so I don't want it to look shinier!

And,, Bare Minerals made my face itchy. I found out it must be the Bismuth in it.

Anyway I'm using Elegant Minerals because the prices are great and I can get samples of "everything"

S
S
oops, here's how you can find themBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Amoeba
Amoeba
Is this the same as Bare Essentials? I was in a wedding a couple of days ago and we had our hair and makeup done prior to the wedding. The make-up woman used Bare Essentials for my foundation. I asked her about it, because it looked like powder and I wondered if she was also goign to do foundation. She said no, that she loved this product and it worked very well as a foundation and also it looked good on all skin tones.

I liked the look of it and will be checking it out. I guess there are several different types--she said she got hers from a beauty supply store, but the L'Oreal had a product out that was pretty much the same thing and you could buy it anywhere.

I have used BE for several years and found it to be the best mineral foundation I ever used. On some, it does have a tendancy to look shiny due to the bismuth in it. The only downside to it that I found anyway, is that it can be extremely messy if you are not careful. Other than that, I really love it. I have purchased mine through QVC as well as Sephora.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.