Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Originally Posted By: Kt-n-Luke
Here's an odd thing I have heard several times regarding having kids:

"Don't you just want to have one so you can see what he/she will look like?"

If I wanted to have a child for that reason, I could go to one of those machines in the mall where you pay $1 to have my husbands' and my picture meshed together.

And someone commented in another post about the suggestion:

"It's always different when it's your own."

But I'm curious....what does "different" mean exactly? They never do say "better" or "less hectic" or even "more fun"...just "different". Hmmmmm....

Good question. I read a confession on TMC where someone said something like:
"It is different when it's your own, because can't leave them and go home."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
A slightly different take, but I think true to the theme of this thread. Back in the day I told a friend that I was not interested in having a biological child but that I might possibly adopt, she said "You can have one and adopt one."

Come again?

N
NAW Offline
N
And older lady: Children are a blessing.
Me :Then may God bless YOU!

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
The "instant kid" photo mesh thing is hilarious. I did that in Vegas with my ex. The kid was a horrible looking thing and I joked at the time that this was the best reason so far to not have one.

He kept that pic on his mantel for the last 2 years. I seriously should have arranged for it to have a tragic farming accident... thankfully it's gone now, along with all the other pics of me. I hope he shredded it :-)

Last edited by Pikasam; 08/07/07 05:45 PM.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I personally have to say that I admire those CF women who get bingo'd so much. I'd be at my wits end if I was under that onslaught. The crowd I hang with knows my stance, understands it, and that's it. I'm lucky -- very lucky.

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
I personally have to say that I admire those CF women who get bingo'd so much. I'd be at my wits end if I was under that onslaught. The crowd I hang with knows my stance, understands it, and that's it. I'm lucky -- very lucky.

My husband gets bingoed by his male co-workers more than I ever get bingoed. I guess you're not a real man in military circles until you have your wife pop one out (or several). But then again, most of these guys sit around all night playing World of Warcraft while their wives are chasing around after the little ones and doing the cooking and cleaning.

Prince Charmings, they are. Thankfully, my husband ignores them.

Gecko
Gecko
My husband gets bingoed a little bit, not as much as me though! But then again, not really bingoed but more "Why don't you guys have kids?" but people are OK when he says we don't want to. But then again, recently when people found out we were off to Orlando (from the UK!) there were two camps. The "That's a waste of money" camp (read, jealous!) and the "Gosh, you guys seem to have a LOT of money!" camp, that almost seemed to think we were millionaires! Two incomes, no kids, we probably seem like millionaires to them sometimes!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Gecko
Gecko
Okay, here's a strangely annoying one:

I was in our break room, and an unmarried male coworker all of about a whopping 28 years old comes in behind me to get some coffee. I asked him how his day was going, and he responded by saying reflectively, "I'm having the best time of my life."

I didn't mean to, but I'm sure I looked at him kinda weird, because it's not like we work a dream job -- it's sales, for cryin' out loud, and while being positive is certainly helpful, that comment was just a little left of center.

"Seriously -- that good, eh?" I asked, hoping he'd clarify.
"Yeah, well, I just had a son," he said, "so every day is like the best day of my life. You know?"

I would have just given a "Hmmmm" and a smile if he could have stopped himself from saying "You know?" But noooo...he just had to try to elicit an agreeable response from me. Perhaps the answer I gave will be a reminder to him in the future that all people don't worship children.

"No, I don't 'know,'" I said, "I'm a little different. If I would have just had a kid, I'd be living a personal hell every day. But congratulations!" and I walked out.

I don't really think I'd be living a hell -- I mean, I'd get through it (I think - ha!), but I just thought it was stupid to try to get me to respond with the more common "Awwwww! How SWEEEEET!" Screw that.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
OMG, Angela...that's hilarious!

Jez
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Angela P
I was in our break room, and an unmarried male coworker all of about a whopping 28 years old comes in behind me to get some coffee. I asked him how his day was going, and he responded by saying reflectively, "I'm having the best time of my life."..."Yeah, well, I just had a son," he said, "so every day is like the best day of my life. You know?"

I'm sick of unmarried people having kids and acting like it's the greatest thing in the world, and they invented it! It isn't wonderful that they had (presumably) an unplanned birth. And don't expect people to be excited about it. And, I wonder if his SO is having such a blast. After all, if he's working, I bet she's doing the bulk of the childcare, even if she works outside the home. Birth control doesn't have to be a mystery. The secrets are revealed on the packaging, and are available to anyone that wants to know...

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.