Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#333309 08/06/07 08:55 PM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
hi folks,

I've got lots of good change starting to happen in my life. The problem is, sometimes it's very overwhelming!!! In the last 36 hours my stress has been climbing through the roof, and i'll make myself sick if i don't do something to lower my stress somehow.

I really don't want to sabotage the advances i'm making in my life, so i'm in great need of quick stress reduction.

I was hoping friends here would post some of their favorite things to do to lower stress... please???????

Thanks heaps!!

---your flakey jittery friend.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Holly, I answered on another thread. It was quite long and I don't think everyone wants me to repost it here, so please look for it as I think it will really help you. wink

If you can't find it, I will PM it to you, okay?

Take care of yourself, friend. Don't make yourself sick and don't make any rushed decisions or hasty moves. 36 hours isn't very long compared to the length of time you've spent gaining your independence and learning to heal.

SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION.

This is something to remember about life. Everyday we learn something new and we teach something new to someone new, and that is a success. That is LIFE. That is SUCCESS. It is not a destination but rather a JOURNEY. Holly, we have been on one heck of a JOURNEY, as a group, and we all are making great advances in our lives. Do you think we have reached our DESTINATION? Do you think YOU have? Do you think going BACK is the way for you to go FORWARD with the advances in YOUR life?

Just a thought...my dear friend. I read in another thread about your old boyfriend... if THAT is meant to be, then it will wait until YOU are ready. Don't just settle. Dream a PRINCE and wait for him to become one. Give him time and see if he can change into one. He wasn't before, but that doesn't mean he won't be now, just give him plenty of time to prove that he is everything that YOU want him to be. That is what YOU deserve. YOU DESERVE NOTHING LESS!! smile

By the way, you were looking for encouraging things to have around you during the day. I came upon a web site that looks SO COOL. It actually will "pop-up" blurbs of empowering statements or encouragement at various timed intervals, on your computer like:

I know that you like AR and that statement is appropriate at THIS particular time. wink The site is:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Trish, very good post as usual.
Holly, did you ever go to youtube?

N
Shark
Shark
N
Holly, I suggest music. Make certain the music matches your need, meaning don't listen to something sad and sappy when you're feeling down, etc. Here's a good example:
"I know sometimes it's hard for you to see. You're caught between just who you are and who you want to be. If you feel alone and lost and need a friend, remember every new beginning is some beginnings end. Welcome to wherever you are. This is your life. You've made it this far. Welcome. You gotta believe that right here, right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be. So, welcome to wherever you are." Jon Bon Jovi
Music can say so much! So....relax! You're exactly where you're supposed to be and you're doing great!!!!! Sue

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Thank you, everyone!

i want to manage my stress because things happen as i become more stressed that are beyond my control... the night terrors and insomnia, i become obsessive about trivial things and ignore taking care of important things because it is too much stress, i often can't focus or think clearly, or i criticize myself endlessly and worry. When i was especially stressed a few years ago, i would also blank out and lose time... not knowing how much time had passed or what had transpired. I know these are biochemical reactions. I would like to learn how to avoid these effects by managing my stess better, without avoiding new things i would like to do.

I will look at the website... thank you BabyQuacker.

And i may also try music, Nadaurz, though i've found that is unpredictable for me when i am moody. Even happy music can sometimes make me feel surprisingly more low... and i'm a little afraid it would so sometimes i won't try. I tried a few days ago with the radio and had to turn it off because cheery classical music was upsetting. Go figure. haha. I will try again with pop music today or tomorrow.

Manjari, i can't go to UTube... it usually crashes my computer. My computer is slow and i only have dial-up computer access, and it can't handle video or podcasts in general. I'm going to look at my options and see if i can afford to switch to high speed internet. At present i can't even get news at places like CNN, because so much of it is video. As websites advance in their technology, it is getting more and more annoying to have a slow computer.

I am late... i need to go. I wish i could stay. I have missed all of you and Bella very much the last few days. I have been having trouble getting on Bella lately... sometimes the server is down or the pages won't come up or i can't sign in, etc. Hopefully this will improve, but if you don't hear from me as much this week, you now know why.

love you all!

~h

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Good luck, Holly.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
thank you. I'm not as stressed now, but always after intense stress, i feel depressed. I don't know why that is.

But i thought of something that sometimes helps when i'm stressed... eating pasta (preferably whole wheat) in a marinara sauce. I know most people would advise against eating to relieve stress, but some foods really do seem to help. Sugar and caffeine of course wouldn't be good, but pasta, particularly with garlic, is quite noticably calming.

Wolf
Wolf
Stress and depression go together?
What causes what?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I know for me and a friend of mine that a lot of stress will send us into a spell of depression quite predictably. He suffers from depression more chronicly than i, but in my case i only get depressed following intense stress, and yes, it does seem caused by it. The depression "cures" the stress, but then i have to cure the depression. I get deeply discouraged and my opinion of myself is very harsh when i'm depressed. I can, though, usually shake off the depression in a few weeks or even days. The book, Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, taught me how to watch my thoughts and turn them around, and i try to keep active and try not to isolate myself. That helps.

I want to explore the vitamin and nutrient angle again. I know when i'm stressed, there is some very biological stuff happening, and i wonder if the anxiety depletes my nutrients, and if that in turn effects my ability to be happy. I went looking for a few things i wanted to try, but i couldn't find them in the drugstores so i will have to mail order them.

Wolf
Wolf
Which vitamins?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.