Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
1 - Shutterfly�s recently launched Summer Memories website - www.summermemories.com
It is a new interactive website designed to help customers create, capture and share their summer stories during one of the busiest photo seasons of the year.

2 - Attention Women: whether you�re a gardening diva or a supermom, Otterbox.com has a variety of cases to protect your everyday valuables. Cases so advanced they protect from everyday elements such as water, dust, dirt and drops and even kids!

3 - How do you get kids off the couch and away from video games when it's raining or negative degrees outside? With FunSlides Carpet Skates (www.funslides.com)
FunSlides Carpet Skates are constructed with a friction resistant plastic base and foam foot grip, they have an adjustable hook and loop closure and are designed to fit up to a size 15 shoe.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Pamela Kramer is a stay at home mom who has created a
clothing line to fit bigger babies.

The Happy Panda infant apparel features a panda bear character. Hats, lap t's and one pieces are all made in the USA of 100% combed cotton. Each one piece comes with a signature panda face printed on the backside diaper area.

Do you know a Happy Panda?
www.HappyPandaBaby.com

Parakeet
Parakeet
Don't know any happy panda's.

With Christmas coming though some ideas for the holidays would be good. My kids have too many toys and I don't have it in the budget to buy as much as in the past. What is the toy craze of this season?

M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Carennedy, Hi!

I sooo- hear what you are saying. I have already ignored my own plea's and am buying too much.

What ages and sex are your kids?

I have been buying a lot of clothing sales, (three buck tee's)and then well add one piece that they are looking for. Lego is big with my kids, I always buy sale. My youngest wants Transformers. I got two of those and then cheap army guys to add with.

When they have a lot of toys that they play with, what has always worked for me, is to supplement a couple of great additions, as in another figure or accessories. Get only things that you know that they will use and appreciate. Also, check second hand ad's. When money is tight, I have always found that you can get a big ticket item, that looks new for a fraction. Also only buy second hand games, movies, or whatever.

In fact, I have done this so much, I can't only pay retail, it doesn't seem right.

M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
I got to wondering if I did get any second hand items this year. And, remembered that I have two pair of great second hand jeans for my fashionable teen son. I love the worn look. You can't tell if there is any wear unless someone drew on them with a pen!

I also got 2 costumes for my young son who still likes dressup. Reduced to 3$ after Halloween.

My kids want playstation 3, they have #2. Wii is action. PS3 is violent games! I can't go that route, so I guess their days of video gaming are over till they get their own places.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I don't know much about Wiis but considering the lack of check marks on the board by the time there is 300 it'll be something else all together.

My kids are tech kids. They don't touch any of the lego, cars, dora, barbie, you get the idea. My kids have sooooo much it's insane, what surprises me is that they have friends who have waaaay more. I was going to buy them stock in Toys R Us when they were born, too bad I spent it all on toys!

M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
i agree that my kids have more than they should, but not near as much as the majority of their friends.

Mainly they get so much because I have always yard-saled, etc. They weren't allowed an overpriced toy, but if I found it for a buck somewhere, they could have a dozen! Flawed mentality, I know. But, I also explained this to my kids, and they are pretty good consumers.

That said; in 15 years of kid rearing, the amount of garbage bags of toys that I have delivered to charities, is sort of sickening. Considering, that I was in the toy isle yesterday!

My kids aren't so techie. Action figures are climbing over everything in our home. THe boy's favorite Christmas movie of all time is, Arnold S's "Jingle All The Way."

M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
A unique flip-out planner that affords the space that moms need, while still fitting in most purses. www.Bizzi2Go.com.

The Toy Assoc. recently launched the new toy safety website BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by MomsPaula; 11/15/07 03:48 PM.
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Everything I'm getting for my kids this year will be eco-friendly. I am also taking them to the animal shelter where I volunteer and we're buying "gifts" for the dogs and cats there, instead of buying tons of gifts for the kids.

I'm trying to teach them that Christmas is about giving and not getting-of course we don't watch much TV!

M
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
I want to take my kids to the hospital. Last year my husband talked me out of it. Germs. I guess second choice will be the soup kitchen.

I started to feel guilty then I thought, second-hand is "green." I really push that to our kids. I can't help but go over-board though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.