logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
and so the discussion falters and dies out.

So would I be correct then, that you are unable to justify or substantiate your comments?

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I enjoy a challenging discussion. I used to be on a debating team in college and so I have no objections to a heated argument, if it comes to that.

I think we need to keep it polite though.

AF.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I could not agree with you more. And (this is not designed or intended to be confrontational) if I am, or have been "Impolite" I trust you will be so good as to point it out to me....?

What irks me is that I have had personal remarks made about me, my understanding of my own calling, and my education in that calling, and my "occupation" or position. However, those who have made these remarks have failed to substantiate their comments, and have chosen to retreat and find safety and moral protection amongst those whose ideas are more in their line of thinking.
This is not progressive, in my humble opinion, and does nothing to advance their own learning, it does nothing to broaden their horizons, and it does nothing for their own concept and perception. It does not help them see that there are more facets to the diamond, if they would just take a moment to digest the other person's point of view. I am not demanding that people agree with me. I am merely requesting the same courtesy afforded to other members of this forum.
I am asking for the favour of being listened to with respect, and to enter into discussions without being ostracised, simply because I say things that do not settle well with others. Is this not the point of a fruitful and educational discussion? Are we not all here to develop ourselves to our fullest potential, and to grow? How can we do that if we do not accept the challenges along the way, instead of turning away from them, ignoring them, and thinking them misguided simply because they do not run parallel with our own thoughts?
If people do not talk to me, what is this telling me? This does not educate me either.

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I accept your comments in the spirit in which I am sure you intend them MettaMaid.

I am always open to new ideas, so I have no objections.

AF.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thank you AF.
I have come to the realisation that I am being universally ignored, but nobody has had the kindness to confirm this, or even offer explanations.
I guess I must have hit a nerve somewhere.
It's kind then, that you at least have had the consideration to at least even acknowledge my contributions.
I would only ask that if the moment ever comes that you too, may decide to select the Ignore option, you at least have the good grace to let me know the when and why.

I am truly perplexed as to why the things I have said have caused such offence. particularly as nobody has successfully given debate against them. They haven't even tried or bothered.

I am not here to start arguments. I seek open, lively active debate and discussion. But it seems that all others are just really happy when they find people who agree with them.

I would, in the continuing spirit of discussion and openness, ask you your considered opinion.
That's all.

With metta and karuna, and a deep and respectful bow.

EDIT NOTE:
I think it worth adding at this point, that whatever sadness I feel, I truly feel it for those concerned.
I am quite content and happy within myself, and my questioning such attitude is merely an examination into the diversity of Human behaviour, and the deep attachment to illusory emotions. And I have nothing but Affection and humble Compassion for others.
This I cultivate daily in my practise and meditation. I am far, far from perfect at this, but it is part of my calling, and a personal obligation, if I am to overcome the obstacles of attachment to the impermanent.... Does that make any sense?

Last edited by MettaMaid; 08/01/07 04:21 AM.

P
Shark
Shark
P
Metta,

you are playing a very good game of-

Oh, they are all persecuting me.
Unless you stop this game, peace will not come to you.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Read my edit note again, pratibha. I am not in the slightest bit playing the persecuting game. But you of all people should understand in this case, that if you start something, common courtesy should dictate you finish it.

Never have I been more at peace within myself, than Now in the Present Moment.

By the way.
I know who you are.

Talk about playing games...? wink

P
Shark
Shark
P
I think that it is waste of time to talk to you.
You think that you are a know all and others are all fools.
I agree with Holly and others.
I am ignoring you now onwards.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Oh dear me!

Now what is the matter?

A
Shark
Shark
A
Forgive me for speaking up here, everyone, but I have always tried to give others a fair go, as we say in Australia.

It is my belief that more is achieved by showing patience and love, than by making value judgements. We are all different and unique, and I think we should say clearly what it is that we find offensive and give the other person a chance to understand where we are coming from.

I think MettaMaid is speaking from her own experience - as we all are. Let us share together, reason together, and be gentle and kind?

I was a nun too, in the Anglican Church, for a short time, and being a nun does not separate one from being human.

It hurts me to see anyone being hurt, ignored, or 'sent to coventry'. I've been there so often, and I do wish we could all just forget our differences for a while and think instead of what we can learn from each other. We all have valuable life experiences to share.

Please, let us be kind?

Kerryanne.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.