Print Thread
#332906 08/04/07 11:41 PM
A
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this in case I have to suddenly 'disappear' for a while.

You all know I have been dealing with a lot of emotional and physical stress of late, but I had been doing really well - until the other day.

I was awakened by a screech of brakes and a crash right outside my home. I don't remember doing anything stupid, but I did leap out of bed pretty quickly. There was a Police chase in my little, quiet street, with four police cars outside - one of which had crashed into the footpath next door. They caught the criminal they were after, but I must have wrenched my back. I wasn't aware of it until that night, when the pain started. (I have a serious spinal condition which is easily triggered)

Anyway, I did all the right things, and the pain improved. However, yesterday (Saturday here) I had a scare when my vision became affected by an aura and a blind spot - indicative of a TIA. My BP was through the roof (I have a digital machine for checking it) and I phoned the after-hours doctor, who wanted to send me straight to hospital. I refused to go because our hospitals at present are full of a virus, and I can't take the chance of catching that. (because of other health problems)

I had been resting and the spinal pain had eased greatly until I tried to make my bed this morning. DISASTER! Now I can hardly move with pain. So my doctor is coming tomorrow to see me, and will no doubt order blood tests to see if something sinister is going on in my head, or with my blood. (I am in remission from
Ideopathic Auto Immune Haemalytic Anaemia)

The spinal trouble is another thing to cope with. One I don't need right now. But this is the problem when you have multiple health problems. One seems to set off another.

I am just managing to get around the house with a stick, but can't sit for long, so I might not be around for a while. It depends on what the doctor decides tomorrow. I see no point in another MRI of the spine. We know what's there, and nothing is going to help that except rest, followed by physio.

Putting me into hospital would only happen if they fear a stroke is likely. What a time to have a relapse, when there is a deadly flu epidemic in our hospitals!!!!

Please, everyone, whatever your beliefs, please pray that I don't have to go back to hospital???

I'll try to let you know what is happening after the doctor has been.

With gratitude for your positive thoughts.

Kerryanne.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Just seen this now - I'm sending heaps of healing thoughts your way Kerryanne. I hope you're okay and safely at home.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
H
Koala
Koala
H
Me too, Kerryanne. Hopefully this is not serious. Sometimes wrenched muscles swell and pinch nerves for a few days and hopefully it is no more serious than that.

But next time you want a front row seat for a car chase, how about changing the channel? laugh

Shark
Shark
Oh Kerryanne, I just read this. Thanks for sharing your situation with us. I'm sending out love and prayers for you now. May you feel the positive energy from every person here who cares for you!

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Pray all is well with u kerry, how r u now did u need to go to the hospital? r u resting at home, take good care of your self. wishing u well

Rosie L
A
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A
Hello everyone!

I just saw your responses here and thought I should make a brief reply. Holly knows all the details, but she may not feel comfortable making them public.

A week after the spinal injury, I had an experience which was possibly a stroke warning. I had visual distortions and a partial loss of sight for about 30 minutes.

The doctor called and found my BP sky high. (it is usually low)

So, I had to wait until the spinal pain had eased before I could get tests done. These were carried out last week and I get the results on Wednesday. I've had blood and 24hr urine tests, and on Friday I had a scan of my carotied and vertebral arteries done at the hospital.

At least the old spine is improving! The pain is down from a level of 8 to about 4 now, which is still painful, but not crippling. Besides, I'm used to the spinal troubles. I've had them for 34 years! You learn to live with it and its ups and downs. the condition affecting half of my spine is inoperable, so I just have to grin and bear it, and not do stupid things!! laugh

Thanks for all your loving thoughts. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Kerryanne.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Take good care of yourself Kerryanne. Tell your dogs I said to keep their eyes on you. I hope the pain goes all the way down to 0 and that you recover soon.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Wolf
Wolf
take care.

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.