Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Shark
Shark
M
Yeah, the instant 6 pack guy is my husband. It's tough to be a girl. You are right about past condition, young girls should know that the rest of their lives -physical condition- is determined by how well they sculpt now.

I am slender, so I tone quickly, but the down side is that I go to sag more quickly as well. I didn't start my "mom's journey" with a sculpted body. But, I was most always fit.

About surgery, I look at that the same way that I see facial tucks. You loose the real (fun) and growth through understanding.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
MomsPaula #332396 08/01/07 06:59 PM
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Originally Posted By: MomsPaula
Yeah, the instant 6 pack guy is my husband. It's tough to be a girl. You are right about past condition, young girls should know that the rest of their lives -physical condition- is determined by how well they sculpt now.

I am slender, so I tone quickly, but the down side is that I go to sag more quickly as well. I didn't start my "mom's journey" with a sculpted body. But, I was most always fit.

About surgery, I look at that the same way that I see facial tucks. You loose the real (fun) and growth through understanding.

Genetics does play a huge role in attaining a 6 pack. However, there are many ways anyone can boost their metabolism (ex: eating 6 smaller but high protein meals per day). Combining this with regular cardio, you can burn off that belly fat and expose your 6 pack.

Once that belly fat is gone, you can do weighted exercises to build additional muscle to really show off.

Many people do abdominal exercises thinking that will burn off the belly fat. This is impossible. It will only create muscle, pushing the belly out further and causing it to look bigger.

Gotta lose the fat before you sculpt, or do a 2 step program simultaneously (cardio and weight/resistance training).

suthernbelle #333495 08/09/07 09:40 AM
M
Shark
Shark
M
I think at my age I am trading off a little extra weight to have an OK chest. With babies comes sag and with age it seems that if I take off all fat my chest looks like empty sport socks. A few extra pounds and being active and healthy is where I am presently "stuck," as I can't see behind me anyway, but, I can see the 'socks.'

MomsPaula #333686 08/10/07 07:40 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
I totally agree, MomsPaula! As we get a little older and our priorities change, a little shift in the measurements doesn't seem like a bad thing!

joanj #333788 08/10/07 05:39 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
all depends how much weight you have shifting, an obese person who loses a large amount of weight can't tighten up all that hanging skin. a person losing 10 pounds will do fine with exercise, an obese person can exercise for ever, and all that shifting skin thats now left with no were to go lost all of its elastic fibers. which plastic surgery can improve appearance considerably, guess I'll just have to deal with i can't afford the surgery, oh my

Rosie L
"Rosie" #333839 08/11/07 12:46 PM
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Here is an excellent article on how to get a flat stomach.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.