Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Linda76 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello,

I have just been meditating for a short while (about 2 months) using a dining room chair, but am onsidering buying some meditation equipment, like a stool, or some cushions.

What is best? And is there anywhere online that I can buy it?

Thanx,

Linda.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
DIY is just more satisfying smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

currently reading: The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana , Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Hi materia magic,

Thanks for the link to instructions to make a meditation bench!

J
Koala
Koala
J
Giiam is also a great place to find meditation items, including videos-plus other "green" items of all sorts like organic clothing, sheets and towels.

I love looking at their catalogs as I always come away with new ideas. I'd love to buy one of everything!

Here's a link to their yoga/meditation area. They also have a forum and articles.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

L
Linda76 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice - I'm not sure I could make a meditation stool myself!!! :-) I've taken a look around and have found some beautiful looking products at www.acremountain.co.uk I think I'm going to try a meditation stool and a mat and see how I get on.

If people are interested I'll let you know what they were like ordering and what the final products are like when they arrive.

Regs. Linda.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Yes, do let us know -

L
Linda76 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wow - that was fast! My equipment from Acre Mountain arrived this morning. I ended up ordering a flat mat, a folding meditation stool (for easy storage), a cushion for the stool and some incense.

The folding meditation stool is beautifully crafted and both the stool and mat look like they'll last a lifetime.

I've tried the stool a couple of times, and I must admit that I do find it much more comfortable than a dining room chair. Also, the stool slopes forward - this is supposed to keep your hips more aligned with your body (so says the blurb) - I do feel more 'upright', so this seems good :-)

Thanks for all your help.

Linda.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Linda,

Your items sure were delivered fast - thanks for letting us know about them. I'm glad the meditation bench works for you!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have joined this site, by Linda's invitation, and it seems to be a blissful site to attend...
I would just say one thing - and it's possible the site founder has mentioned this elsewhere. I do not wish to downplay the vital importance of having such things, because when you begin meditation, such accessories can truly be a great help in establishing the mood and atmosphere. Indeed, I still use such things myself in my devotions....
It's important to put these items to skillful use, and then try to forget them. Whilst they are constructive to Meditation practise, they are there as tools to aid you to find your calm abiding.... they may enhance your practise, but what matters is your personal meditation, not all the added acoutrements. Once you begin your meditation, they should, over time, slowly become insignificant...with practise, these items will be of minor focus, even possibly, eventually redundant....
I think the objects are wonderful, and worth having, but remember that the most wonderful thing worth having, is you yourself....

Just to try to help.

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I totally agree that we can spend a lot of money on Cd's, books, Meditation benches and the like, but if we never just sit down quietly and begin-we never do learn to meditate.

I once read a book where the author said if you need to sit in a quiet room, play certain music, use inscense, use equipment, etc, then the surroundings are doing the meditating-you aren't. You don't really need all that dressing.

I have lots of books and CD's on my book shelf that I used once and never touched again.

I can sit quietly anyplace, anytime and let my thoughts be still without any outside motivation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.