Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K

There are many reasons to stay with a guy even though he's not Mr. Right.
He makes you laugh.
He likes to do fun things.
He's great arm candy.
He's really, really into you.
He's the BTN guy (as in Better Than Nothing).
Of maybe he's just too good in bed.

A year or two ago, a friend flipped for a guy whom, when I met him, I didn't quite "get." He wasn't all that attractive (but it's good that we don't all fall for the same type. Vive la difference!), but more important, he wasn't all that nice; in fact, he bordered on arrogant. And he smoked pot, a lot of pot.

Just what did she see in him, I wondered.

But when I'd listen to her talk about him, I slowly started to understand, because whenever his name came up in conversation, so did s-e-x, specifically great sex ... with him. Could it be that she was in it just for the sex?

Another friend was seeing a guy for a few years, True, he was sorta cute and he had a nice bod, but whenever he and I chatted, I didn't think there was a "there" there. He wasn't a stoner, but he drank � a lot. And when I'd listen to her talk about him, I understood the big connection, too. It was all about the off-the-charts sex.

Were my girlfriends hanging on to something because the sex was just too good to walk away from?

I can't say I've ever stayed in a relationship just for the sex (although I've had a few friends-with-benefits things because, well, why not?). In fact, weird woman that I am, I stayed in a relationship longer than I should have even though the sex wasn't all that great. There were other things about him that I enjoyed, although there were enough red flags to let me know that we weren't going to be together forever. Then after a while, I decided that I wanted better sex, too, so we split.

But even if the sex keeps a woman from saying goodbye � even if she knows there are things about him that she doesn't want to be around � I wouldn't doubt that all that great lovin' triggers that oxytocin bonding thing. Then she suddenly starts looking at the guy as something more than what he is � a great romp. And then the real heartache starts...

I'm all for great sex, but it's not a substitute for a great relationship. It is, however, an important factor in one.

Have you stayed with someone just for the sex?
Have you ever felt that someone was staying with you just for the sex?
Could you be happy with someone if the sex was just so-so?

Read all my blabbing at Kat Wilder's My So-Called Midlife

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
hhmm...could i stay in a relationship JUST for the sex ??...NOOOO !!! to me...a relationship SHOULD be Sacred...be it a friendly relationship or a marriage...i'm in a relationship with a woman i've known since i was 5 years old...we communicated with each other through the stars and ALWAYS kept in touch...we now use our computers and phones to stay in touch AND...we talk EVERY day...here's the KICKER...i met her face-to-face for the very FIRST time this March !!! scoff as you may but...she and i have a very deep relationship....she had told me once that she had always wanted a man who would get down on one knee and propose to her so...i DID...AND...she ACCEPTED !!! this is my view of what a relationship SHOULD be.

Lame Wolf
Zebra
Zebra
When the sex is good, it's 5% of the relationship.
When the sex is not good, it's 95% of the relationship.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Ha, Alexandra! You're much better at math than I am!
Yet, I believe we can help teach our partner .. up to a point.

Hey Duane, thanks for your comments. I'm happy you and your partner have made a commitment to each other � and this coming after barely any face-to-face time. Sometimes, taking away the physical of it opens you up to other things. Good luck!

W
W
How cheap is that...staying in a relationship just for the sex. What is worst is knowing in your heart that your relationship is over and staying and continuing the sex because that is all the guy can offer you.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Hey weezah,
well .. we all do really silly things for love .. or lust ...

W
W
Any women or men have an experience where you lied about cheating or dating another woman/man just to hurt or make your ex jealous?

Where ever you go, there you are!
I'm seeing my ex because of the sex. It is what first attracted me to him, it is what brought me back to him. However, I have become emtionally attached...again. I thought we were back together he thought we were just "buddies". I don't know what we are.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I dated this guy one time, he had INCREDIBLE natural talent if you know what I mean. He was built WELL and was like the energizer bunny. I have NEVER met anyone as sexy as he was. At the time I told him he had ruined me for any other man in the world and that was 15 years ago, I have yet to meet someone who could even come close to living up to him in any category.

Our relationship was a rocky one, we lived together for a time, we weren't getting along so I asked him to move out and we still saw each other. It was around that time that I realized why I didn't want to let go of the relationship, the sex was just too good. It went on about a month longer then it would have otherwise because of the sex.

I still think about him sometimes, he lives back in my home town.

H
Shark
Shark
H
I entered relationship for sex. After that it grew in to something beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.