I really flipped out earlier this week when DH said that a 'friend' was coming for this weekend to visit his DD.
I'd had it w/ the thought of yet another (FOURTH) adult in my house. Both SDs plus the one's boyfriend were w/ us instead of everyone moving out on the first, as planned, til two days ago. The younger SD and bf have two dogs so I was dealing w/ all of them and my own 3 sons and zoo.

The SD who'd been here since Nov. has left behind her bathroom which is a mess and still full of many of her toiletries, but I'm not complaining! Her friend arrived late Thursday night and by then, she, her sister and the bf had beds set up at the rental. I was a little nervous as to whether or not DH pinned it all on me and I still don't know.

I did cave a bit after the fact, saying that if she and the friend wanted to stay here through the weekend, it was OK by me - offered the youngest's room to her, the guest to the friend. H said to just let it go and that they'd be fine even if someone was on their couch, we wouldn't worry about them coming in late and waking up the boys.

Hopefully she'll get her things cleared out after the friend leaves. Her room is pretty much empty except for a few things and a bit of trash, so I'll sit tight on that awhile longer.

I'm torn between wanting to jump for joy and feeling guilty. I don't know if she knew that I was on edge in the end or if they were all just ready to go. I did invite the brood over for dinner tomorrow so we can meet the guy friend. I think she was interested in him, but that he was more of a friend. We'll see. I wish her well, happiness, etc. For now, I'm relieved the ordeal is over!

What remains is resentment towards H for putting me in this awful position for 8 mos. It wasn't fair that he did it, made me appear to be the bad guy in April for that fight, etc. I still wonder if I'll ever love and respect him as I once did...

Dana