logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Here's something interesting: Single People are more likely to be sent on business trips than their married co-workers. But is this fair? Read on how you can prevent your single status from getting you burned out at work here:

Why Single People Have to Work Harder

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
I would think that someone married with kids might burn out faster if sent on numerous business trips than their single coworker. I'm single and even when I was applying for various jobs, I considered jobs from all over the place, simply BECAUSE I was single and easily relocatable. I don't have a spouse or kids to worry about uprooting.

As for getting burned out, I think it's everyone's responsibility to take care of themselves and learn when to say no.

Rebecca 45 lbs lost and 29 inches
Shark
Shark
Rebeccal you are probably on target. I know for myself everytime I am sent on a business trip, while I'm away the work multiplies, not only at work, but at home. The catch up game isn't fun, and wears you out.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I disagree with this assessment.

When I worked for an insurance company, I told them I would travel if they asked. Not my fault they never took me up on it.

I even volunteered to move to San Diego for 3 months WITH MY CHILD and again they didn't take me up on it.

If this is a prejudice by the employer then this should be addressed agressively with them but its not the employees fault.

G
G
I love being sent on business trips, and I'm single, so if that contributes to me being sent places, that's just fine by me!

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Rebeccal you are probably on target. I know for myself everytime I am sent on a business trip, while I'm away the work multiplies, not only at work, but at home. The catch up game isn't fun, and wears you out.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Of course this is not fair but fairness does not exist anymore just like common sense and everything else social justice warriors have ruined.

You have a child then it is your job to take care of that child and if you cannot do a job like everyone else who have that same job then you should lose that job! Plus not to mention that human beings are worst than parasites and even if we were not there is an overpopulation of us so if anyone should have to work harder or and be punished it is those who have kids not those who do not have kids!

Moderated by  Dianne W - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.