logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Y
OP Offline
Y
This is just an observation I made today which is along the same lines as the Redbook thread: Can TLC and the Discovery Channel(I think that's the other one)have anymore shows about having babies? Something about it just bugs me. Are people who are having these babies, that self-absorbed to think that their experience is so unique and wonderful that it should be on national television? Give me a break! I'm about to make the final payment on my state student loans soon, which I think is wonderful! Where's my airtime? Oh wait! It's not about a baby so who cares!

Actually, one of my bridesmaids was on one of the shows. I had lost contact with her by then but I still can't believe she did it. A camera focused on my prives for all the world to see? NO WAY! I find the whole thing disturbing. Thank God for remote controls, good books and of course, this forum!

I know this is off topic, but here is another symptom of how delusional people are about having babies. Making a baby is now such an honorable and selfless thing to do, that a supermarket I sometimes visit, actually has special parking "for parents with infants"! Listen, if the kid is such a problem, that they can't park where the rest of the world does, maybe they shouldn't have one! I want a parking spot then "for parents with pets"!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I dunno. I never watch the birth story things, normally because they're all about "miracle babies". I can't believe some of the things that people put themselves through to have children. But I LOVE watching Nanny 911. Some of those people are clueless, and the kids are such BRATS, you wonder at what point their head starts to spin around. Crash Test Mommy is a fave too - I love watching capable professionals reduced to quivering wrecks, it's hilarious.

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
M
Shark
Shark
M
I hate those car parks as well only in Australia they're called "Parents with Prams" and are actually wider than even the disabled parking spaces. Something has gone seriously wrong in our society when disabled people can supposedly park in a normal sized space, but people with prams (I think they're called buggies or something in America) can't.

L
Koala
Koala
L
How about "honey, we're killing our kids!" Makes me laugh out loud.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What's wrong with "Honey, We're Killing the Kids?"

L
Koala
Koala
L
There is nothing wrong with it - it's just like Nanny 9-1-1 - I just can't believe that the parents on that show have no idea that junk food and sitting around all day make their kids fat.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I must admit, they had an Australian version of that and it re-iterated to me that parenting isn't something to be taken on lightly. I mean, you have the welfare of another person in your hands and you're feeding them processed junk that my dogs wouldn't get.

I still don't understand the fact that anyone can be a parent via natural methods - absolutely anyone regardless of their suitability or education or skills - and we have to celebrate them whereas if people want to adopt they're put through numerous hoops. What makes pregnancy such a great preparatory environment for parenthood?

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I am actually into the new Shaq show about obese children getting fit. So far, only two episodes have aired, but it's pretty interesting. The parents, for the most part, seem extremely concerned about their kids' health, but my question is, where was this concern when the kids were just plain pudgy? These kids are heart attacks waiting to happen -- in pre-teen bodies! My mom flipped out on me once because she found me hiding candy in my room, and I was always a really thin, athletic kid. She said she just wanted to make sure she always knew what I was eating in case I ever did develop a health or weight problem. Obviously, these parents waited just a bit too long to address their kids' exercise and eating habits. It is heartbreaking to watch these kids struggle with simple exercises, like stomach crunches or treadmill running. One girl even had to go to the hospital after she had an anxiety attack that could have been a serious heart problem. Overall, the kids are lazy, eat whatever [censored] they want, and then everyone seems shocked that they're obese. Hopefully, Shaq's training and work ethic will help these kids get healthy. They showed Shaq going into schools and focused in on tons of kids who are morbidly obese. This was not a problem in the past, and parents are quick to blame fast food and video games...last time I checked, seven year olds couldn't drive to target or mcdonald's to pick up the latest playstation game or happy meals!!!

L
Koala
Koala
L
Well, it doesn't help the new McDonald's commercials that are trying to say how healthy their food is ... salads and chicken nuggets and whatever. Well, the salads still have tons of fat (dressing, chicken) and the nuggets are still fried, so it's really not that healthy, is it?

Gecko
Gecko
There's a boy at my school who I think is gorgeous as far as his face goes. Especially his eyes, they're lovely. He has a nice personality too. And yet he is only four and already WAY too big for his age and I feel kinda sorry for him, you know? Apparently one time another kid bullied him cos he is "fat" which yes that's wrong and we stopped it, but you know it could happen again, e.g. when he's older. It's a shame, he's so adorable and I feel quite sorry for him and wish HIS parents would wake up and smell the kilos! (or pounds if you prefer!) Nanny 911 oh my GOD!
Kids who swear at their folks, hit them even and there was a boy (or was this one SPCA?) who threw the family cat out the window cos he was jealous!!!
But the cat was fine by the way! I think the window was open for starters and you know what cats are like!
But jeez Louise! If that was my kid and my cat, I would want to get rid of the kid (e.g. adopt him out) and keep the cat! That's just NASTY! That cat could have been killed or injured and I believe that was his intent the little demon-spawn!
(No, not ALL kids are demon-spawn to me, did you read about the chubby boy I think looks and is really lovely and adorable?! But THIS boy IS!)

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.