logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I began making jewelry several months ago, and now I'm thinking of selling the jewelry I make. My only problem is that I lead a very busy life, and in most of my spare time I'm making jewelry. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a quick and easy way to sell jewelry!

Thanks,
Lauren

Last edited by schjewelrydesigns; 06/25/07 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
H
Hi Lauren,

You might find some helpful information for selling your jewelry online at this post...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks! That helped a lot.

Oh.. that's my bad... I typed it wrong. I realize it won't be quick or easy, but I just wasn't sure which approach would be the quickest or easiest... whether it be my own website, ebay, a craft show.. Just wonderin which will be the easiest place to sell it.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!!

H
H
Hey Lauren,

I was just reading Lisa's bio on the Unemployment site and she says she turned her jewelry making habit into a jewelry making business! You can read her story here and a link to her site is in the bio as well...

All the best,
Erin
Parakeet
Parakeet
Also visit Home Jewelry Business Success Tips - there's lots of good info there.

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
Parakeet
Parakeet
I just checked out Lisa's site for the first time, and she has this great list of selling options, too. It may be just what you're looking for to start your research:

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
G
G
The best way to sell your jewelry is to go directly to jewelry auction shop.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Erin and Chris, thanks for your kind words about my Inspiri Art and Craft site. Chris, I checked out your jewelry site, and I love your work. I particularly like the piece that's on your avatar.

Lauren, I'm pretty busy too balancing a few different facets of my business (plus family, plus I'd like to have some personal time!). I've found that the most time efficient way to get started selling jewelry is through home parties. I started my jewelry business this way. I just mentioned my plans to a few friends and they all volunteered to host parties for me.

The other options you mentioned can be profitable, but they take a bigger investment of time than home parties.

Craft shows require a big time commitment (especially when you're getting started) to create a large enough inventory (usually 10-20 times your booth fee). Also, you'll likely find that jewelry is a pretty competitive category, so you need to put in the time to create an outstanding application (including great product and booth photos) to get into the better (i.e. more profitable) shows.

There are some other third party sites. In addition to eBay, you might look atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

B
B
Hi Lauren! There are a variety of ways to sell your jewelry including:

1. Retail outlets such as boutiques, galleries, and hair salons
2. Craft and jewelry shows
3. Home parties
4. At the office. (be sure to get permission on this one. Sometimes you can set up during lunch hour)
5. Trunk shows at stores
6. Through charitable organizations. (You provide the jewelry for members to sell to raise money)
7. Ehay and other online auction sites.
8. Online galleries such as [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Lauren, all the posts above give you some pretty good tips of where and how to sell, but I wanted to add this: if you intend to make the jewelry making into a business, then make sure you know that you will be dedicating at least half of your time to selling and the other half to making the jewelry. It's not realistic to consider any other possibility, unless you just want to sell it casually to friends and family.
Also, when you choose a venue to sell your work, be it online or live, try to give the venue a fair chance, I'd say at least 2 years. It seems like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't.
I wish you enormous success,

Last edited by Eni Oken; 07/29/07 03:00 PM.

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.