logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Amoeba
Amoeba
I definitely would not include Satan as a "christian" god, a God is something who is honored and worshipped, someone/thing we want to be like and/or incorporate into our lives.
Satan is the antethesis of that... no one wants to imitate him! The wiccan rede "an it harm none" definitely would not include Satan's system of destruction. Therefore, Satan would be an "anti-god" maybe. Except, as you said Freebubbles, God/dess have been here from all time and Satan was created. So he isn't even that powerful.

Also, as to the "horns" of the "horned god" I see it as a representation of the male phallus "horn" and denoting the difference between the god & goddess. (The goddess of course not having a "horn".) Maybe I'm wrong, but thats my take.

Last edited by MeSheWolf; 06/26/07 06:21 PM.

To learn is to live, follow your path, trust your faith and be true to yourself.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think one thing about believing in multiple gods that most Pagans could agree with is that they are all faces of something bigger. Most of us try to send our attention to more than one aspect of god, but I would think Satan would fulfill an aspect of this idea. There is evil in the world, Satan is a representation of that, so I think he would qualify as a god.

However, I don't think that people who worship Satan could be considered Pagans or Wiccans. The whole "harm none" thing kind of gets rid of that.

Koala
Koala
LOL never thought of Horn = ah how did you put it Phallus!!
of course I dont see the devil with horns and a tail and red I see him as a "Good Christian" business man waiting to sweet talk you out of your money or soul and sell you a load of [censored]!!!

All the while smileing and saying God Bless you (SUCKER)!!!

I think of the devil as someone that looks talks and acts like a trustworthy and outstanding person with Godly Morals and Values but when you stop to look at his actions when no one is around to preform for the act drops and the evil comes out.

S
S
MM,
I hope I didnt affend anyone. I know the christians dont recognise the devil as a god I was more trying to get a witch/wiccan view. As we look at different Gods & Goddesses but when it comes to the devil most I hear is "we dont recognise him" I was wondering if there was a past that point since witches/wiccans recognise that theres a christian god what would they label the devil under?

Wasn't meaning to affend anyone just curious since I'm really thinking about the different Gods & Goddesses lately.

SapphireMoon

Last edited by SapphireMoon; 06/27/07 07:53 PM.

I am who I am, a Witch.
E
Koala
Koala
E
I think there are some groups who consider satan the good guy and god as not having the best interests of humans in mind. In the story of the garden of eden, the serpent told eve the truth, while the god of that story lied to adam and eve, saying they would die if they ate the fruit. They didn't die, they suddenly became knowledgeable and aware.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
S
S
MM,
lol Freebubbles, I like your sense of humor. lol I've met a few " good christians" like that in my life time. One of the reasons I was turned off christianity. People like that analogy are very present here where I'm at. Now I know why some "Real" christians call some others devils or demons. I got a brother in law to be who fits that bill. Hes a preacher too. ITs really sad because I have met others who were the best In my view of representing a christian & then you find those down here that are like that. But back to the topic Thanks for your reply.

elleCreatEd, Some take the story of adam & eve as falling from grace, That is how they died, they died a spiritual death not a literal death. Personally I cant see how a God can not want his/her children to be aware & knowledgeable.

Thanks everyone who replied to my question. It helped clear up confusion & I gained more knowledge.

SapphireMoon

I am who I am, a Witch.
Koala
Koala
I dont think anyone was offended!! but you did bring up a good question and it spiriled from there! lol I think people just generaly lump people into groups like christians are ALL honest and humble or christians are ALL hypocrites and liers...All Witches are evil and All Witches are truely wonderful people...but as mush as we pray and wish we were ALL Good honest humble and truely wonderful it just is not true!!
and some if not most christians would see the Horned God as the Devil... Personaly I stoped looking for a red man with a tale and horns when I got saved at 4 yrs old and started seeing REAL Demons of the human kind and otherwise.....

Shark
Shark
This was a very informative and fun read. Made me realize how much I have missed you all! I went back to school this fall and have neglected other things. Stress piled up and I realize I need to keep learning in all areas of life to keep my balance and focus.

freebubbles, you have a 3 now LOL, when I was last here it was a 2. *hugs*

Fiona, I still love your avatar wink

Koala
Koala
I am not sure Fiona is still here!! Amila is the new mod for wicca....

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad to see you again!!! I got married and we moved in with my mom until we can afford to buy a new house here!!!
anyways.... :D)

L
L
I somehow managed to lose my initial comments to the forum responses I have read. Indirectly it is probably a good thing as despite this site's name, I detect a clear anti-Christian sentiment, and my comments would have been seen as an "attack" by many. This is certainly not my intention and I respect all open and intelligent conversation. I do disagree however with the impression of the majority on this site that Christians are pushy, judgmental, and intolerant. This does not reflect the beliefs or attitudes of the majority of Christians and I believe it is a convenient excuse to reject us as extremists who cannot be reasoned with. This couldn't be more farther from the truth.
Christians want to share the message of salvation because the Lord God does not want anyone to perish, and as Christians we don't either. The Christians that I know are the most tolerant, accepting, and forgiving people I know. That cannot be said of Islam or any other "religion" that cherry picks their doctrine. The Islamic extremists have no tolerance for the "infidels" and after over 3,000 innocent U.S. citizens were murdered, they, along with others, celebrated in the streets shouting "Death to America", "Death to Israel". They kill innocent people in the name of their religion because to them, the means justify the ends. How selfish and self-serving. Haven't you ever wondered why such a small state like Israel is so hated, and why merely mentioning God or Jesus is so offensive to many? Can you not see how the prophetic scenario laid out in the Bible is happening before our very eyes? With all due respect to those of you who think death is the end, or that you'll be reincarnated, or that you can become a god or goddess and populate your own planet, have you thought about the eternal consequences? We are not held accountable to the evolving "mass consciousness", we are held accountable for own, very personal one.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.