F
Gecko
Gecko
F
Here's the latest article I found online:

Chris Benoit found dead with family

By DEBBIE NEWBY Associated Press Writer
� 2007 The Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. � Details of the deaths of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son may seem "a little bizarre" when released to the public, a prosecutor said.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects outside the home.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "The details, when they come out, are going to prove a little bizarre."

Those details may emerge after the completion of autopsies scheduled for Tuesday.

Investigators believe Benoit, (pronounced ben-WAH,) killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from Whitewater Country Club.

The autopsies were scheduled to be done at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in DeKalb County.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not immediately return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths.

Last edited by forcegx7; 06/26/07 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I find the theory hard to believe as well. I just couldn't see that.

M
M
Lord, I hope this isn't true. He was such a good friend to some other's, you would think they would have noticed. Yet, I was reading an article last night about the use of steroids in wrestling, and steroids can make a person violent without any major conflicts happening. I hope this isn't the case here.

Have Faith and Pray!
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
It's not the suicide I couldn't believe, it's the double homicide I can't believe. & about the text messages, anyone can send out text messages. I honestly can't say why I'm being so defensive about it, but I just can't truly believe it. Good job updating though Force.

J
J
I just read on MySpace that Chris Benoit and wife had been found dead in their home, there was no mention of their son. I can't believe it.My kids started watching WCW seven years ago, and both my sons have followed them avidley ever since.Chris Benoit was ny youngest sons' favourite wrestler as was Eddie Guerrero. He was devestated when Eddie died and is absolutely crushed at this news.
As for the theories surrounding I'll not comment as I only now the man on TV.

My families thoughts and prayers are with the Benoit family and friends.

RIP Chris. You will be truly missed

The heart is easy to capture. The soul proves much more elusive.
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
Originally Posted By: Obsidiana
Originally Posted By: forcegx7
Hey do you guys notice how the Undertaker never participates in the sit-down in front of the camera speeches whenever a fellow wrestler passes away? I wonder what that's all about?

He probably doesn't care to make his feelings public. Some people like to deal with things like that on they're own and don't want to share it with the world. I guess there isn't any use anymore in not believing it to be a murder/suicide since we all know now thats what it was.

I have to say I disagree. I don't know what it is about me, but I truly feel there's WAY more to it than that! Anyone can send text messages. You weren't there, you don't know what it was.

Gecko
Gecko
I wanted to wait a little while after I first heard the news before commenting. Like most of you I suspected the Deaths sounded like Murder/Suicide, but didn't want to believe it.
Chris has for a long time been one of my Favourite Wrestlers. He was my fav before Kurt Angle anyway. No one wants to believe someone you look up to and admire could do something so horrid.

As these few days have gone by it seems clear that Chris did end the life of himself and his family. Everyone's blamming Steroids, and maybe they played a part. However, anyone who's gone through the Emotional Mill of a bad marriage or Break up knows that nice people are capable of outrageous acts in a fit of Rage or Sorrow. Chris' state of mind definately would not have been right. That's no excuse, but I understand how it could happen. Further, recent news has revielled a home of domestic Violence. So, if a Good man or woman is capable of such a terrible crime, how much more so a Violent man.

I'm so so sorry that this almost certainly appears to be the case.
Chris was a Hero of mine and of many people. I find it sureal that this tradgedy has happened, and that Chris is Ultimately to Blame. I wish it wasn't so.

I still will remember Chris as one of the Best Wrestlers/Workers I've ever seen. His peers list him as a True Friend. It's a shame they weren't able to help him as they were with Eddie.
But no one should put any blame on them. Chris was a man, and it appears a Religous man, he knew right from wrong.

With Deep Sadness,

Tikus

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
It's horrible and all and it sucks that someone has gotten to that point to do that, cuz obviously (if it was a murder suicide) its a mental issue. But if he did in fact kill his wife and 7 year old son...he deserves to die....unfortunately he took the easy way out. I don't know him or about anything positive that he has done...but RIP Chris Benoit??? He supposedly killed his kid and wife...I hope he turns restlessly in his grave for eternity.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
Im not trying to offend anyone. It's cool that you liked Benoit the wrestler; who lets keep in mind is different from Benoit the real person. But what do you tell the family that lost a grandchild and daughter? I hope for the sake of the people that loved him that it was someone else and that by force or grief of seeing his family dead he shot himself. But all of that will come out of the wash in due time. Until then....the story is that he did it and let me tell you if my (God forbid) sister's husband did something like that to her and my niece I guarantee that I will bring him back from the dead to make him suffer. So unless anyone on here knew him personally and had Sunday dinner with him on a monthly basis, the story still remains that he "POSSIBLY" murdered his innocent child and wife.

Look no hard feelings. I am a mother and wife and I am a realist that sees things for what they are. I am not easy when it comes to this...it throws me into the mother who drowned her 5 children or the other one that hung her three kids and herself or OJ Simpson or any high profile case like that. I don't mean to offend but I look at it from the prospective of "what if that was my sister and nephew". I can't be forgiving. That is God's decision. Again no hard feelings meant.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.