Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
hollyelise #322783 06/17/07 02:45 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Holly,

Most of the genius people have a quality.
They do not know how to do small chores.
So you will be in cafe.
happy?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Modern Woman #322803 06/17/07 03:20 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
i will turn on the light.

smile

hollyelise #322808 06/17/07 03:53 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Hey, that is wrong.
Remember Newton.

hollyelise #322814 06/17/07 04:47 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
Well actually, ;D wink the glass is 100% FULL... it's half filled with water, and half filled with air! laugh

Tami -- In reality, optimism is one of the first choices we make in order to change our lives. For how can we look at a new world of possibility if we do not first see it through optimistic glasses?

I never saw it that way but you're absolutely right! We don't act on anything unless we think it's possible. Thinking we "can't lose weight" or "can't start our own business" or whatever it is... we won't be able to change if we don't believe our efforts will work because if we don't BELIEVE it can work, we won't try.

I loved your story about how when you were sick you learned to shift your perspective from what you couldn't do to what you could! I've been lucky to know a lot of people with "handicaps" in my life, and the stuff they've accomplished puts me to shame, i tell ya! Someone with 2 masters, others who run their own companies, leaders, etc... and it's just like you said, they don't focus on what they can't do, they focus on what they CAN do!

Holly,

i forget about all this when I feel sad and depressed. What to do?

Modern Woman #322819 06/17/07 05:55 AM
Wolf
Wolf

Modern Woman #322846 06/17/07 09:23 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
laugh What about Newton?

Modern Woman #322847 06/17/07 09:35 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Well actually, ;D wink the glass is 100% FULL... it's half filled with water, and half filled with air! laugh

Tami -- In reality, optimism is one of the first choices we make in order to change our lives. For how can we look at a new world of possibility if we do not first see it through optimistic glasses?

I never saw it that way but you're absolutely right! We don't act on anything unless we think it's possible. Thinking we "can't lose weight" or "can't start our own business" or whatever it is... we won't be able to change if we don't believe our efforts will work because if we don't BELIEVE it can work, we won't try.

I loved your story about how when you were sick you learned to shift your perspective from what you couldn't do to what you could! I've been lucky to know a lot of people with "handicaps" in my life, and the stuff they've accomplished puts me to shame, i tell ya! Someone with 2 masters, others who run their own companies, leaders, etc... and it's just like you said, they don't focus on what they can't do, they focus on what they CAN do!

Holly,

i forget about all this when I feel sad and depressed. What to do?

Yes, I do, too.

We can help each other. I'm certain others here at Bella will help us, also.

But as for this moment... I have been to sleep and gotten a little rest. In the mean time, so far as i can tell, you've been ruminating on the past. This is too much past. Can you set it aside now until tomorrow? I know that isn't always easy to do that. But i look at emotional recovery to be like getting fit physically. When i'm out of shape, i can't lift much at first or walk far. So i should not expect to bench press more than half my weight! smile But nor does it mean i should give up!!!! It means, i must practice every day with commitment, and with regular exercise and increasing challenges, improvement is guaranteed.

joanj #323008 06/18/07 01:30 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: joanj

I believe too that optimism is a choice. I did the same thing you did about looking at my life to see what was working and how I wanted my life to be and deliberately set out to choose better, more positive feelings.

I used to see things that happened as lessons too but now I think that there are no problems-only opportunities. Opportunities for us to choose a better way as we go along. Opportunities for us to find solutions or dig deeper into ourselves.

Optimism is a great healer. You have to believe that being healthier is a possibility and create your thoughts and your life around that idea. I am very interested in helping people overcome health challenges by optimistic, positive thoughts which make feeling better a possibility in their lives. These kind of thoughts give the body a chance to heal itself.

Thanks again for the uplifting posts.

I've been rereading some threads tonight, and this post of Joan's is just so wonderful!! All three of her points... about deliberately choosing... about opportunities existing in problems... and about believing that greater health is a possibility... are great points. Anyone care to resume any of these points for discussion?

hollyelise #323014 06/18/07 01:37 AM
Wolf
Wolf
laugh What about Newton?

Newton was a genius.
But he had made two holes in his home for tow cats or rats, I do not recollect.
One small and one large.
Now guess.

hollyelise #323015 06/18/07 01:40 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: joanj

I believe too that optimism is a choice. I did the same thing you did about looking at my life to see what was working and how I wanted my life to be and deliberately set out to choose better, more positive feelings.

I used to see things that happened as lessons too but now I think that there are no problems-only opportunities. Opportunities for us to choose a better way as we go along. Opportunities for us to find solutions or dig deeper into ourselves.

Optimism is a great healer. You have to believe that being healthier is a possibility and create your thoughts and your life around that idea. I am very interested in helping people overcome health challenges by optimistic, positive thoughts which make feeling better a possibility in their lives. These kind of thoughts give the body a chance to heal itself.

Thanks again for the uplifting posts.

I've been rereading some threads tonight, and this post of Joan's is just so wonderful!! All three of her points... about deliberately choosing... about opportunities existing in problems... and about believing that greater health is a possibility... are great points. Anyone care to resume any of these points for discussion?

Will you begin?

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.