Next Thread
Print Thread
#319706 06/05/07 09:45 AM
R
rukuli Offline OP
OP Offline
R
DEAD SEA SALTS

The therapeutic effects of bathing in the Dead Sea were well known even in times of
antiquity. Galenus, for instance, stated that this salt water was good for the treatment of
rheumatism, and the Jewish Roman historian, Flavius, wrote 2000 years ago- � The Dead
Sea cannot be praised too highly�..travelers take as much of this salt, as they are able to,
home with them, because it heals the human body and is therefore used in many
medicines.�

The waters of the Dead. Sea are unique compared to other seas and lakes, first and
foremost, due to the high concentration of salts reaching 27% compared to 3% in
ordinary sea water. The composition of the Dead Sea salts is also unique. Whereas in
ordinary sea water sodium chloride (common salt) is the major constituent (about 8O% of
the total salt content) the Dead Sea on the other hand contains a considerable smaller
proportion of sodium chloride, the balance consisting of magnesium, potassium and
calcium chlorides and a comparatively high concentration of bromides. It is believed that
the therapeutic properties of the Dead Sea are due to a large extent to the presence of
these other salts, mainly those of magnesium, potassium and bromide.

These special chemical composition and special climatic conditions help make the Dead
Sea an ideal spot for the curing of rheumatic and certain skin diseases.

The Government of Israel has encouraged the establishment of modern, first class hotels
on the shore of the Dead Sea, to enable people suffering from rheumatic and skin diseases
from all over the world to come and obtain treatment with full comfort. Advanced
medical care and clinics are available on the spot.

Dead Sea salts are a mixture of bath salts which contain the important salts of the Dead
Sea. The mixture is obtained by fractional evaporation and crystallization of Dead Sea
salts from the brines. This process enriches the therapeutically valuable potassium and
magnesium salts, while retaining all the other mineral elements of the Dead Sea. The bath
salts contain no additives and are of excellent bacteriological quality.

DEAD SEA BATH SALTS

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES : Off-white to light brown substance, heterogeneous mixture
of crystals and powder; odorless.

Bulk density: 0.7-0.8

Water soluble: approximate solubility, 60 gr substances in 100 ml water (20�C), a cloudy
solution is obtained.

TYPICAL ANALYSIS:

KC1 22.0 - 28.0%

NaCl 8.0 18.0%

CaCl 2 0.3 - 0.7%

MgCl 2 30.0 - 34.0%

H2O (water of crystallization) 26.0 - 30.0%

Br 0.2 - 0.4%

SO 4 0.1 - 0.2%

Insoluble 0.2 - 0.9%

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:

For a standard bath of warm water, about 1.5 Kg (3.3 lb.) of Dead Sea Bath Salts should
be added.

For partial baths or hot tubs, higher concentrations up to 6-8% of the total water volume
may be prepared.

Heavier concentrations should be used only according to medical instructions.

HANDLING AND PACKAGING:

Dead Sea Bath Salts are composed of natural hygroscopic minerals found in the Dead
Sea. For this reason, they should be exposed to as little air contact as possible.

After use, close securely so no air can penetrate.

When repacking, keep air exposure down to a minimum and seal the filled bags as soon
as possible.

The Salts are beneficial to the skin. However, persons with open skin wounds on their
hands should wear gloves when handling the salts.

DEAD SEA SALTS THERAPY

In order to ascertain and confirm the beneficial therapeutic effects of Dead Sea Bath
Salts, a series of clinical research projects have been carried out both in Israel and in
other countries where the use of the salts has become an established practice.

Dr. I. Machtey (1) studied the influences of Dead Sea Bath Salts on rheumatic patients
suffering from osteoarthritis or a localized type of tendiritis. 103 patients were treated for
one or two weeks with daily Dead Sea Bath Salts in a sanatorium located about 400
meters above sea level. The patients were randomly assigned to one of three types of
baths (three sub groups):

1. Bath treatment with a Dead Sea salt concentration of 7.50%

2. Baths with a 2% salt concentration.

3. Baths with a 0.50% salt concentration.

One week of proper treatment: resulted in impressive improvement in all parameters in
patients receiving 7.5% and 2% bath salt concentration, but little or no improvement was
noted in those treated with 0.5% salt concentrations. The greater the physical limitations,
the more pronounced was the improvement.

Sixty-six patients received two weeks treatment. An additional, slight improvement was
noted in patients treated with 7.5%. or 2% salt concentration, and those having only 0.5%
salt baths improved relatively more as compared with the results after the first week of
treatment. However most of the results in the 0.5% group were less impressive than those
in the higher concentrations.

Over 80% of all the patients reported having less pain, 70% said their mobility improved,
and about 60% were able to decrease their use of analgesics. Dr. Machtey concludes his
study by stating that �There is little doubt that the Dead Sea treatment in those who
benefit from it can be extended and repeated at home using a 2% bath solution, which is
both economical and readily available�.

A similar study was carried out by Dr. P. Engel (2) from the sanatorium clinic in the City
of Mayenbad, Bad Waldsee, in Germany. The study was performed with 60 patients
whose rheumatic discomfort could not be substantially reduced by the customary
Balneotherapy of their clinic. The baths with Dead Sea Salts were then prescribed in lieu
of additional medicinal therapy. Each patient was treated for a duration of 4 weeks, with
three baths per week. Salt concentration was 2.5%, duration of bath 20 minutes,
temperature of water 37 �C. Parameters examined included: Pain at rest, spontaneous
pain, kinesalgia, pain on pressure and reduced mobility.

A summary of the results shows that in 76.2% of the cases, very good therapeutic results
were obtained, 10.2% responded moderately well and only 13.6% no success was noted.

Dr. J. Arndt. From Germany (3) made a study of the effect of Dead
Sea Bath Salts on patients suffering from psoriasis. Fifty patients,
aged between 14 and 77 years were treated with the salts in a controlled
way. Treatment consisted of partial or total baths. For a total bath, 2 Kgs (4.5lbs) of the
salts were dissolved in a bath at a temperature
of 27�C. The partial baths were made with a concentration of about 10%. The baths
lasted for 20 minutes and afterwards the skin was thoroughly rinsed with running water.
The effect is enhanced when the patient remains in a warm packed condition for one hour
after the bath.

The treatment lasted for 3 weeks, with 3-4 baths per week. The results show that most
symptoms of the illness diminished within one week of treatment, notably itch, scaling
joint complaints, and the falling asleep and sleep through difficulties. Other parameters
such as spread, redness and infiltration decreased somewhat more slowly. Improvement
was steady - the four week treatment left the patients essentially free from complaints.

Dr. Arndt points out that of particular importance from the patient�s point of view is the
rapid relief from such irritating a symptom as itching. There is a corresponding relief
from sleeping disturbances, which were rather wide-spread prior to treatment. The drastic
decrease in scaling within one week can be interpreted by physician and patient alike as a
further proof of the course outlined above:

Healing was total in 27 patients (54%), whereas in 22 cases there was a marked
impressive improvement. Tolerance was excellent in all 50 cases. There were no side
effects whatsoever, dermatological or otherwise.

(I). �Dead Sea Balneotherapy in Osteoarthritis�, Dr. Machtey ( Hasharon Hospital,
Petach-Tikva, Israel). Published in �Proceedings of International Seminar on Treatment
of Rheumatic Diseases�. John Wright \ PSG Inc. (1932).

(2). "On the Therapy of Rheumatic Illnesses with Medical Bathing Salts from the Dead
Sea", Dr. Paul Engel (Sanatorium Clinic of the City of Mayenbad, Bad Walsee, FRG).
Published in Acta Medica Empirica, 31, 374 (April 1982).

(3). "Salt from the Promised Land Help Psoriasis Patients" Dr. J. Arndt, Published in
Arztliche Praxis, Vol 34, No. 48 1920. Republished 6/15/82.

For more information about our Dead Sea Health & Beauty Products
please do not hesitate to contact me:

Reuven Kupfer
Tel (Israel):+972-77-9511232
Mobile (Israel)+972-54-3100624
USA TEL: +1-410-504-1965
Skype ID: rukuli
Email: frigorli@gmail.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
rukuli #322698 06/16/07 10:41 PM
E
E
Sea Salt in general is a wonderful product for the body...At Earth Sisters Essentials we have a Sea Salt product that are a blend of sea salt, epsom salts, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), glycerin, and fragrance. These salts will soften your bath water for a soothing soak. What a wonderful way to end the day....

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

ESE_Soap #356321 11/26/07 04:31 PM
B
B
Very helpful and very detailed indeed.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 07/04/08 05:14 PM.
brylle #362940 01/02/08 06:12 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I had a dead sea salt body scrub at a local spa. My skin was glowing and radiant.

Tonet #362975 01/02/08 11:37 AM

"I had a dead sea salt body scrub at a local spa. My skin was glowing and radiant."
Sea Salt is good for health as it have iodine in more than any other eatable but i dont have it as body scrub at all.

Please visit my blog on
Ipod downloads
Tiger
Tiger
Salt is an excellent exfoliant for the body when mixed with an oil. One of my favorite ones is by One Minute Manicure which is for the hands. It's infused with essential oils. I find some of the products pricey and others more affordable. I've only tried the hand treatments which I thought were excellent. I walked around all day smelling my silky smooth hands. Here's the official website if someone wants to check them out -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

M o e #383961 02/29/08 04:11 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The dead sea salt body scrub sounds like it would help a lot with my really dry skin problem.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Just a word of caution. I was stopped in my local mall by a man selling Dead Sea Salt scrubs. He talked on and on about the healing powers of the Dead Sea. He even gave me a hand massage with the product. It's price was $50. I picked up the jar to read the back. It said it was a product from Salt Lake City, Utah.

Freedom isn't free.
Tiger
Tiger
LOL. We have those same vendors here.

M o e #384723 03/01/08 11:56 PM
B
Koala
Koala
B
I just got a jar the other day from San Francisco Bath salt Company. I read that it would be good for my eczema. I have been taking cold showers to help with the rosacea and eczema and have yet to try a bath. One of these days I will take the plunge.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site

Moderated by  BB -Body Care 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.