logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi! I wanted to check in and see how joyseeker and Chris and everyone else is doing. Hope everyone is taking time to stop and smell the roses and listen for the birds singing! smile

God bless all of you!

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Trish,
I'm doing well. Thanks for asking and caring. You are a true friend to me.
Last night I listen to the peepers instead of listening to the birds this morning.

Chris

Wolf
Wolf
Trish,

Das told me about how you helped him.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Trish is a good person to chat with. She's done me wonders.

Chris

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
CDM, you are back! I am so glad!! How are you feeling? We heard that you were in the hospital. I hope that you are much better now! smile I am happy that Das and I have had chances to talk. It's so important for us to have friends who listen and can help. wink

Trish

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Chris, thanks for your kindness and the nice words! wink It is wonderful that you spent time for yourself last night listening to the birds! How is it going with your company? Are all of your celebrations with your children remaining enjoyable for everyone? I think of you often and hope you are taking good care of yourself! smile

Your friend,

Trish

L
L
Joyseeker,
I was on Effexor for a long time also. I believe that it is a terrible drug. It really did not stop my depression and the side effects were awful. I would get what I called "brain zapps." It would feel like electric shocks going through my head. I made the mistake of going off them cold turkey. DON"T DO IT. I lost my memory for two days. I had to go to the hospital and the doctors thought I was drunk. I don't even drink! It was terrible and I am so glad I am off it now. I take lexapro, and it works a lot better. I still am depressed sometimes. I probably need a stronger dose, but it works well for me.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Linda, I am glad that you are off Effexor but I can't believe that you quit it "cold turkey". ALL anti-depressant medicines WARN about not stopping like that! I am glad that you are okay! I am on Lexapro, too. I've found that it works pretty well but it just doesn't last all day long, so my doctor added wellbutrin to be taken in the afternoon and that seems to fill the gap.

Even on meds, we still can feel depression but at least we can think of ways to combat the illness through positive thinking and actions. Smiling and surrounding ourselves with happy people are 2 of the best ways to stay away from depression. Also, not allowing our minds to dwell on the "bad part" of our past or bad feelings but rather look at life as though we DO have rose colored glasses, makes all the difference in the world.

It is just as easy to be a happy, positive person who smiles and says something nice to greet someone, even themselves, as it is to frown and be grumpy and negative about everything. I think it is like being happy laugh that I HAVE a half glass of water instead of grumbling frown that I ONLY have half a glass of water.

I like your quote! Tomorrow IS another day. If we remember to try to be happy today, we can always try again tomorrow. smile Before long, we will have a GREAT habit of trying to be happy. laugh

Trish

Originally Posted By: joyseeker
I was dx'd about 15 years ago. I'm on Effexor -- the maximun dose -- but I'm still struggling with depression. I know the times when I'm REALLY down are triggered by events in my life, but even when there's nothing "big" going on, I feel just barely okay. I never feel happy or up.

This can't be normal. Normal people don't feel like this ALL the time. I have a psychiatrist who monitors my medication, but I need to see someone different because I've lost trust in this doctor (relating to another med she had me on... long story).

I'm an empty nester with a son in college. I'm unable to work due to disability. And my husband and I are going through a divorce. (The divorce was my decision because he's totally irresponsible with money and was driving us deeper and deeper in debt. Believe me, we tried our best but just couldn't stay together.)

Can anyone recommend another medication that works but has few side effects?

Or any other suggestions? I just can't keep living like this.

Hi Joy,

I was just wondering if how's things going on with you now? Are you still feeling depressed? Hope that you are fine now.

Take care always and God Bless

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.