Print Thread
#320260 06/07/07 08:36 AM
D
Dez Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Having been reading the posts on here, I decided that though I am a parent, I have something that perhaps only you guys would understand. The short story is I am a single mother with a 4 year old and a 4 month old because my ex was very abusive...I left when my son was 1 month old.

Okay, so the thing is he was demanding before I finally left, and I actually got pregnant again despite my begging him that I really really didn't want another, especially 10 months after my second. Good grief is that so hard to understand? I didn't know what I was going to do, but then I miscarried. I read about it, and everyone says you are supposed to feel really sad about that and everything, but frankly I was relieved. I didn't have enough FMLA for another maternity leave and would have lost my job, among other things.

I realize this is a bit different than wanting to be child free completely, but wanting to stay with two is kind of the same thing in the long run, I really didn't want another. I can't even talk about that with anyone I know, or anything lol because they all would think me a heartless monster.

Anyway, thanks for listening

Dez

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Dez #320270 06/07/07 09:26 AM
L
Koala
Koala
L
Well, it only seems natural. You weren't in a good place, a third child definitely would have been a financial and mental strain - not only on you, but on your other two children as well. Also, your body probably wasn't ready to have another child so soon after the last one.

I am sorry, and I hope that everything gets better for you.

lngilbert #320274 06/07/07 09:38 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Dez,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your ex, but I give you so much credit for ultimately getting away from him. I know there are a lot of idiots out there that say "why didn't she leave him" about abused women. What they don't understand is that it isn't always that simple. And, abusive men don't always let the women in their lives go easily.

I can completely understand where you are coming from. I think a lot of women feel that way. Many women, it seems, have abortions if they get pregnant earlier in life, if they aren't in a position to care for kids yet. And then welcome children later.

From your earlier post, I know that you love the children you already have.

Especially since your ex was aggressive, an abortion or a miscarriage would be your only way out.

It's completely understandable that you wouldn't want to have another child with someone like this. And these are exactly the type of men that aren't sensitive about their partner's needs, and willing to use birth control.

My grandmother was abused by my grandfather, and she could never really get away from him. So sad. For this reason, I will always keep a separate bank account and have my own money through working. I love my fiance dearly, and he has never ever showed signs of being this way, but I have learned through my grandmother that you must always have a back up plan in case you have to leave.

I get really mad when the right wingers take a stand on abortion, when they don't understand that many women are in relationships with men that won't allow them to use birth control. They just don't get it, and it infuriates me.

And then these poor women are forced to raise children they never wanted in the first place.

I say all of this to say, I understand. And I feel for you.

Good luck. I hope you are able to keep your children and yourself away from this man permanently.

Save your own life - don't have kids!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.