Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#319609 06/05/07 02:16 AM
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I wonder if there has ever been a study on how many times a day the average person laughs or smiles?! How often would you say you do?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
I never smile.

Zebra
Zebra
Well that's a bad thing das. I feel sad for you.

I never stop smiling.
I am never without a smile on my face...if it ever leaves, it's only lingering nearby, waiting to take its place again on my face.

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Most of the times my eyes are filled with tears and my mind is full of torment. For me it it a effort to write on such forums and talk to people. I only talk to Mr. Mohatta. my doctor has told me that it will go on like this for some more time.

Zebra
Zebra
Your doctor is wrong.

If you believe such pessimistic, negative messages, how can you ever hope to make progress? By what authority does he assist in keeping you in this state? His job is to make you better - but perhaps it is more profitable for him to keep you as you are....

In any case, I think it is most damaging and unethical of him to relate such thoughts to you.

Remember this. Truly, remember this....
The only person - the only person - who has constant, reliable and permanent access to your Mind, is you.
if it contains torment, you open the door to this torment.

I am astonished that with all the positive messages you read here, from people who wish you well, and want healing for you, that you should still be so easily subject to the bad side of things.
The trick is to shun the negativity and remain with the positive.
if something deals you a heavy blow - don't go there any more than is necessary, and surround yourself with all that is good and beneficial.
And try to follow their advice!

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Let us go back to the question of Lala- How often do you smile in a day?

Zebra
Zebra
Read my first response.
I never stop smiling. I awake with a smile, and I go to sleep smiling.
Happiness is feeling good all over, but showing it chiefly in one place. Your face.
That's my honest answer.

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I was told something that I didn't really believe until I tried it. I go through little depressions here and there, and when I'm feeling down I get very emotional and it just wont go away. I continue thinking bad things and looking at the negative things in life and only get more depressed about every aspect in my life. And then I tend to exaggerate the bad things which makes me even more depressed. One day I was told by my husband that smiling will automatically make you feel better. It wont necessarily take it all away right away, but the more we practise smiling the more it will make you feel good. He told me to smile when I was sad, even if it was a forced smile, because it will turn into a real smile. Of course, I didn't believe that. But one day I tried it, and I am so serious, it worked. Whenever I am sad or upset, I force myself to smile, or think of something funny to make me laugh, and before you know it, you are feeling much better and wondering why you felt so awful before.

When you smile, your voice sounds happier. Like, when you answer the phone, if you are smiling you sound more alive, compared to if you answer just regular or frowning. Smiling is an amazing thing. When I smile I feel a calmness come through me. I find it hard to smile when I'm alone, but it's something to work on becasue it really does make a world of difference.

Last edited by lala21; 06/05/07 02:44 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Lala, you are absolutely right! A few years ago I posted about a scientific study that stated that the neurons in our brains can be deceived into believing that we are actually happy if we SMILE. It truly does cause all kinds of things to happen inside our brains when we force our face muscles to smile. laugh

I just looked back at my old posts and unfortunately Bella doesn't keep them but a year. I will look around and see if I can find the hard copy around my house somewhere. It really is a wonderful thing to realize that we CAN change how we feel by how we act, even if we just PRETEND to be happy. wink

Here is a perfect example... Have you ever been in a car and someone smiles at you? Naturally you smile back. On the other hand, drive around all day with a big smile on your face and watch OTHER people's reactions. Of course most of them will smile back at you, but usually with a puzzling look, but by the time you get where you are going, you will be in a fantastic mood. smile

My dad always said, "Smile and the world smiles with you". We all know what comes after that ... cry and you cry alone. Sadness makes a person feel so alone, even when others ARE around, even if it is only vitually. Lala you are right about how your voice sounds happier and your words sound lighter when you are smiling. Sunshine usually shines through what you are trying to say. I must admit that I must force myself sometimes to smile just to break a spell of misery, but it does work.

Alexandra, I am so happy that you are such a happy person all the time. It is a rare person that can say that without exception. I am usually a very positive person and have MANY smiles for everybody, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, so good for you! wink

Das, I am sending you a REALLY BIG SMILE and ((( ))) laugh laugh so, won't you fake a few smiles for us and see if you don't feel just a little better? We all REALLY do care. laugh laugh

Here is a silly little joke to get you laughing... or at least smiling... actually, I should say a DIRTY joke... a little white horse fell in the mud!~~~~ laugh ~~~giggle~~~~ laugh ~~~~ get it? ~~~~ the white horse is "little" ... and after he fell in the mud, he was "dirty"! ~~~~ wink ~~~ OK, So I'm not so good at jokes... remember I teach kiddos and sometimes my humor is kiddish (or childish). Are you smiling just a little? smile I sure hope so!

Your friend,

Trish

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
LaLa! I'm so glad you posted this! It made me smile smile I wholeheartedly believe that smiling makes us feel better, whether we want it to or not HA HA HA!

I occasionally deal with depression, and smiling ALWAYS makes me feel better. Especially now that I'm more willing to smile when I'm feeling so low.... smile and say "thank you, thank you" over and over and over again!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.