logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Interesting. I have no need for bc (one good thing about infertility), but the idea of no more periods is enticing. Have to admit though, the unnaturalness does bother me. I don't quite trust western medicine enough to want to sign up for their chemical cocktail for the rest of my child-bearing years. I find it hard to believe that there are no chances of side effects or long-term problems they haven't discovered yet.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I know - it sounds too good to be true. But I think a lot of things sound like that when they are first introduced.

It does make you wonder, where does it all go if it doesn't leave your body? But I know the FDA is super tough, and I don't think it would have gotten approved unless they were able to prove it was safe.

But I know what you mean about the long term effects. My guy is going to get snipped really soon, and I'm going to get off of bc.

I wonder about that, too, though. Are there any side effects to getting snipped? Does anyone know?

Save your own life - don't have kids!
L
Koala
Koala
L
I think it just doesn't get created ...

Parakeet
Parakeet
I've done some checking on this since I've been using regular b/c pills to skip periods with my gyno's approval and support. (I just don't take the inactive pills and go on to a new pack.) Basically when you're on the pill, and then go on the sugar pills for the last week, it's not a real period, it's a "withdrawal" period. It's not necessary because you're not ovulating. The pill halts ovulation, so there's no egg to shed. It is safe, because in the "olden days" when women were bearing children and breastfeeding year after year, they only had about 50 periods during their entire childbearing lives. Modern women have many many more than that (I don't remember the exact average number, but imagine how many it is if you don't have kids and have a period every month for what, 30-35 years? That's a lot.) Before I started using the B/C pill skip periods method, I was on Depo, which also halted periods. So I haven't had them regularly for quite a while. (I did for a short while when I tried Seasonale pills, which didn't work for me and made me bleed all the time! Not good!)Also, today's pills are so much a lower dose than the first B/C pills, there is not really much risk at staying on them continually. I've done some research on it and consulted my gyno, and that's the information I've found.

I personally HATE having a period. Mine aren't painful or anything, they're just annoying and inconvenient. I love being able to eliminate them. To me, it's one of the benefits of living in this day and age, when we can easily prevent pregnancy AND periods! I'd get a tubal or Essure, but that doesn't stop periods, and I'd still want that, so for now, I do the B/C pill thing.

Cindy

B
Shark
Shark
B
"I wonder about that, too, though. Are there any side effects to getting snipped? Does anyone know?"

My husband was snipped last November. He swears up and down that everything feels exactly the same for him. It's nice to no longer have to worry about birth control.

I'm skeptical about the FDA anymore. I think they're just as corrupt / bought and sold as everything else nowadays. That being said, I was on the pill for 20 years because all the other options were so much less appealing.

jmb Offline
Shark
Shark
I wish there was another way to stop periods other than hormones or a hysterectomy. I had a major blood clot while I was on the pill, probably unrelated to pill usage, but nevertheless I am not allowed to take hormones. :-(

Has anyone heard of any other permanent way of stopping the monthly yuck???

Parakeet
Parakeet
Here's a website that might have some ideas:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Wow! That floored me about how few periods women used to have. I HATE it. I wouldn't take the b/c pill just for that, but if there's some other way to just end it that would be insane. Thanks for the info. Do you still get the mood swings?
bassgrrrl, I'm with you about the FDA.

Shark
Shark
I've been on the pill with continuous dosing, for BC and to stop my monthly. I had an awful 2-week period (one of the side effects) and then, nothing. It's nice when you don't have to worry about it; I'm all for any method it takes to make 'em stop. I don't know of any non-hormonal methods, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.