Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#314058 05/16/07 03:37 PM
O
Other Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
O
In honor of Jerry Falwell's passing, I thought we might want to take time to honor his memory with a few of his own words. Anyone feel like sharing one of your favorite Falwell quotes? I'll start with this one:

"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Wasn't he just a fine Xtian guy? Gotta be proud to call him an American! Too bad he lived so very long.

�AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals�

�Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America.�

�(re: 9/11 attacks) "...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."�

Jan Goldfield

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Gee, he seems to have had enough hatred stored up inside him to cause these catastrophes all by his little self!

The only thing I find sad about his death, is that he probably won't be waking up to discover how wrong he was!

Patience.

Last edited by patience; 05/17/07 01:07 AM.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Koala
Koala
I dont-wont speak ill of the dead so...
I am sure he said the words (maybe not together but)

May God Have Mercy on All of us!

D
D
"Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

"Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

The guy was an bigoted opportunist, preaching ignorance and intolerance. He would always spew some venomous statement and 'apologize' a few days/weeks later but like any good lawyer knows the jury has already heard the message and locked it in.

Last edited by Darwins Monkeyboy; 05/17/07 12:56 PM.
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Monkeyboy,
Now, out of fairness why don't you post all the stupid things YOU'VE ever said.

O
Other Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
O
There's a difference between stupid things uttered amongst friends or in the privacy of your own home and bigoted, hateful things said during a nationally syndicated t.v. broadcast or in the midst of giving a sermon attended by 6,000 people per service.

Last edited by Ali - Atheist Editor; 05/17/07 03:11 PM.
D
D
Please feel free to post anything I've said you may think is stupid. oh wait I do not have a huge public forum and thousands of followers passionately listening for my view on everything; When you carry that much responsibility your words do carry weight no matter how stupid they might be. He had the responsibility to think twice before making public statements that alienate and hurt others.

Last edited by Ali - Atheist Editor; 05/17/07 10:31 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted By: jesusfreak
Monkeyboy,
Now, out of fairness why don't you post all the stupid things YOU'VE ever said.

Here's one right here bwa-hahahaha : )

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
What bigoted and hateful thing did the Rev. Falwell say? I never heard any such thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.