Print Thread
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I am asking this question in regard to Lynne's newsletter.

When you think of a church, do you think of it as a building with a steeple ands stained glass windows? Most people do whe they hear the word "church"?

Most people do not realize that the church is inside you. Your body and soul is the temple of Jesus Christ. He dwells within you for as long as you allow him to.

Another church is a place where "two or more gather in His name and come to agreement in prayer."

While we do not need to go to a physical structure to rejoice in God, it is good to go and fellowship with other believers and get fed the word that is given by God to the pastors and ministers who receive it from Him.

That is my idea of a church. Are yours the same ideas or do yours differ slightly?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I agree with your ideas of a church. I feel that certainly God is always inside of us; all we need to do is ask for Him, and He is there.

But I also believe it is important to go to a place of worship with others, as you said, for the community and the giving of praise together. Otherwise we remain separate from each other. Too much of that in this world as it is.

Carol

Koala
Koala
The perfect Church= (IMO) is people how get together to do Gods Will= to help those who needs help the old the helpless and the kids regaurde less of the persons faith, color, race, sex, Gay or straight,or anyother wall men use to divid us by!!!

I had a Navjo boy about 13 that said he Loved Jesus but He could never believe in a God that you could only visit on Sunday and forget He was there the rest of the time!!! I am with the Navjo! "Who wants a one day God with one day friends that ignore you during the week?" What good does a church do if the only point to it that anyone inside or out can find is that you get to dress up and show off how "Chirstian" you can be!?

A church with all talk and no works is died with out faith but a church With Faith has works of God and Grows in the spirit!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you for starting this thread Amadeus. I agree with you. I think church starts with what's in our heart and expands to all believers. We share one God, one faith, one Spirit. = one church.

I agree with you also Freebubbles. If "works" aren't evident, one has to wonder if Jesus is living in a person's heart.

My article is here:
Teaching About Church
It is an exercise for preschool children but it caused me to take assessment that I'm not forgetting the basics.

Koala
Koala
Or the church!!! lol

Koala
Koala
hi Lynne! I just realized your still here!! I have missed you!! how have you been?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
I have missed you!! how have you been?

I almost posted the same thing when I saw your post here. I've been well and keeping busy. I'm glad to see you in the forum again. smile
How has life been going for you?

Koala
Koala
I got Married!!! 1 year and then some!!! I have moved back with my husband to our hometown and we live with my mom so.... its not as bad as we thought it would be! with 3 incomes (well 2 1/2) we are doing well. I have been trying to get my business up and going here to so.... I have started in a chiropracters office and my massage business is slow but growing!!!

How have you been?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Congratulations! Its good to hear from you and I'm sure your business will grow quickly.

Koala
Koala
thank you I hope it grows FAST!!! lol gas is high and money is low but I think that is everywhere so I an happy with what God lets me have!!! although I do pray for more!! wink lol I planted onions last weekend and I am thinking about transplanting part of a lilac bush to make two pretty bushes!!! I just have to brake the news to my hubby that he is helping me! shocked hehe yeah I know he Loves me cause he lets me volenteer him in my projects! grin

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.