Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
trishh #301880 03/23/07 05:45 PM
Elephant
Elephant
very posh, but very common (smith) LOL

But it does actually have a nice ring to it.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Lady J #310478 05/01/07 12:22 AM
Just the thread I need wink

When I began my online business a few months ago I adopted another online name...this one, because I needed a seperation between my rather ad hoc, ADD and 'away with the fairies' attitude and a professional (read more grown up) one so I would remain focused on work laugh . I have been known around the web as DoonaFairy for many many years and had a fantastic online social life ..had. Since changing my online name (I do still use my original one in my old haunts)I've noticed a full turn around and seem to be having nothing but a pretty darn hard time of it in my online relationships. I wonder if its because my focus is on "dusty" instead of "doona", or because I'm just not available at the drop of a hat anymore or what? I have been having my awareness guided to this for a couple of weeks. So what do you think...could it be my name change?

"these battered wings still kick up dust"

[url=www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted]www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted[/url]
[url=www.squidoo.com/cafepressgifts]www.squidoo.com/cafepressgifts[/url]
Dusty Leaf #311674 05/07/07 09:52 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Maybe it is the Dusty bit. I liked Dusty Springfield though! Names are powerful things- if you are online you can experiment without risking much- that's why mine changes online first!

Elephant
Elephant
Online I am known as NeonJase or Maia, both names I have used for different things. I used to do political sims and my name is Maia Lyra Reyes or Maia something. Since the 90's I have been neonjase... because, well I drove a neon and my name is jase. Thats why it confuses people when they see Jason Ruel instead of Jase ;0)

Slowly they are coming around, but I have also decided to legally change the first name to Jase ;0)

Names are recognition, and hard to recognize if they don't fit the person who was normally associated with it.

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #312003 05/08/07 12:56 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Jase,
In Illinois you can apply to the courts to waive the filing fee if you are at a certain income level.

[list]
[*]nullTypically, only persons of low income will receive a fee waiver, but there is no statutory definition as to what level of income is required for a person to receive a waiver. Consequently, if you think you may be eligible � your best bet is to apply.

Denial of a fee waiver will not impact your case except that you will have to pay the fee to file documents with the Clerk in the end.

Illinois Name Change Self Help Packet

BTW, there are HUGE advantages to having a last name of Smith. It makes you very anonymous, especially on the web, and offers a little protection when you are a female. Yet by using my middle name when I write Erika Lyn Smith if you google my name there is no problem finding my articles or group responses, etc.

Funny story in 2000 I left a marriage of 17 years and as I sat in court I asked my lawyer if it was too late to change my name. He said no of course not...do you want to go back to your maiden name. I said Oh NO, no, no, (I come from a hx of abuse w/ my F and I do not wish to take back his name. I was very HAPPY to get rid of it when I first married, lol) I said no I want to change my first name. He said you know I keep telling my associates I have done just about everything in this room, but you got me on this one. This is a first.So he asked me what I wanted to change it to and said he would put it in on the end of the divorce decree and see if we could slip it through.

It worked and I essentially let my ex pay the 200.00 fee. I figured it was Jan 2000 when I finally got the courage to leave it was a new millinium and new start to a new life why not get a new name! The only reason i kept my married last name was for my kids. Now I use my 2nd husbands last name and love the anonimity of it!

Jase, regardless if your sibs approve or not you need to do what you feel comfortable with and if they do not approve it does not mean you should not go forward. BTW I love Denton. Jase Denton is simple sweet and strong. It says you know who you are and where you are going. Very Nice.

Last edited by Erika-MissingChildEditor; 05/08/07 12:58 PM.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Elephant
Elephant
Wow, Erika! Thanks for the great info!

I like Denton as well. It has a southern charm that is reflective of my history, and it's my mom's maiden name.

Lady J #312416 05/10/07 12:20 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
You are Welcome!
Good Luck! wink

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Mmmm...maybe I need to do some housework!! LOL
Jase my maternal grandmothers maiden name was Denton
Erika I love the charging the ex bit wink

Dusty Leaf #312818 05/11/07 08:41 PM
Elephant
Elephant
you never know.. we may be related ;0)

Lady J #312976 05/12/07 06:28 PM
Have any rellies from thr Noth of England??? wink

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.