Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Shark
Shark
O
Originally Posted By: kristen houghton
Did you actively plan to have children, (discuss having a family, make plans for when, etc.), or not?

Yes, we did. Both times.

Would you have waited longer to become a parent if you could have?

No, I was 27 when I had my first and 34 when I had my second. I waited 6 1/2 years between my two kids partially so I could complete my Master's degree and partially because I simply didn't think I could handle the stress of having kids any closer together.

Were you and your spouse in agreement on the decision to have children?

Yes.

Please note this is not about not loving your children. Also note that too many good, caring parents hesitate to answer this question due to fear of "social outcasting."

Do you regret being a parent and why.

Sometimes. I think all choices that end up requiring a lot of sacrifices occasionally become overwhelming. Especially now as a more or less single parent (my ex-husband travels extensively), I sometimes wish I had more time to myself and fewer financial responsibilities. But I also get a lot out of having children, so in the end, I am glad I made the decision I did. This is not to say that there haven't been days when I wished I had a full-time nanny, cook, and housekeeper however! smile

Last edited by Ali - Atheist Editor; 04/20/07 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Alicia,
So many of us do have days where we wish we had a cook, nanny, and maid!

You hit it right on target when you said,

"choices that end up requiring a lot of sacrifices occasionally become overwhelming."

I believe that too many couples don't realize the sacrifices they will have to make. Life is not like the sit-coms about families and kids that we see on TV.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
I think college was a big one for me too!! I still think about going back but there never seems to be enough money to go!!! I was planning on being a teacher. I volunteer at the school alot and help out teaching a religious education class. I think I would have had a different life if I didn't have kids when I did but now that I have them they are the most important thing to me and I wouldn't trade them for the world!!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Ali - Atheist Editor
This is not to say that there haven't been days when I wished I had a full-time nanny, cook, and housekeeper however! smile

Oh yes! LOL! At least the housekeeper. wink

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.