Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
So awhile ago I was reading this discussion I came across on another forum. I can't remember where I saw it, but it got me thinking.

It was about what age you think is best to have a baby at. Whether it's in your 20's, 30's, or 40's.

There were so many opinions about it. Each part I read gave a great list of pro's and con's for each age group too.

In your 20's you may not be financially/emotionally stable, but it can be much easier on your body. In your 30's you probably have more stability in your life financially and otherwise and you've had the time to start a career, get married, buy a house etc. But your body wont neccesarily bounce back the same as someone in their 20's. And in your 40's it's harder to get pregnant, there may be more complications, but you are more than likely more mature and stable and have enough life experience to deal with it, but at the same time you'll be well into your 60's before they grow up and they leave the house, and you may not be around for the grand-babies!

So there are pro's and con's for all. And I find it very interesting that many women have this idea that having a baby after 30 is just wrong and unheard of! Some things I read about it was that some women are apolled and totally against anyone (or themselves) of having kids in their 30's or 40's. They stated that it was selfish and unfair to the child. There were so many different opinions, and reading all them I came to the conclusion that on one really said (they all were using #'s to say when you should have a baby, 22, 31, 25, 27, etc)

But I think, how about when you have found a balance in your physical and mental health, financial health and hopefully a relationship as well. When there's that balance and harmony with your entire lifestyle that would allow room for another human being. Or in another way of saying it, when a woman is at her best.

For some women that may not be until they are 40, so why shouldn't they have a baby? For others, they may be 22 or 26 or even 38 for that matter.

I mean lots of women are more healthy and energetic in their late 30's and 40's then some women in their 20's! So I don't think "age" really defines WHEN someone should have a baby. It's all about their life circumstances and lifestyle. However, on a personal level, I want to have 2 children when I am between the ages of 26 and 30. By then my husband and I should be at a great place in our lives to start thinking about a family. And they should be outta the house by the time I'm 50! lol

It seems like with all their opinions if you were to estimate an average age that people agree is the best age for a baby, it would range from 25-30. Not many people agreed with 40 or over 40, or under 22. What are your opinions?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Shark
Shark
H
The best age to have a baby is when you are ready.Everyone is different and its nobody elses buisness but yours and your partners.
In my opinion though its best to wait untill you have done some travelling and lived a bit because once a baby comes along it changes everything.

Shark
Shark
26-33

Zebra
Zebra
When they are very young. having a 12-year old kid straight off plays havoc with your hips..... laugh

F
F
I'm 19 and seven months pregnant with my first child. He is due a couple of weeks before I turn 20. I got pregnant on purpose. My husband and I were married for a little over a year when we got pregnant and we are financially stable and independent. A lot of people would think I'm young to have a baby, but I don't care. I think everyone is different and ready at different times. I had my own reasons of why I wanted a baby now. My mother had a hysterectomy when when she was 30 and my family has a history of problems with that area. I wanted like a six or seven year age difference between my children, two being the number I wanted, so I started young. I didn't want to take chances. I feel ready and able. I worked in day cares for the past three years, so it's not like I don't know what kids are like. I probably would have been more like 22 or 23 under different circumstances, but I'm happy with what I chose.

S
S
Hi Faeriebaby, nice to meet you :-D
I am 21 and 4 months pregnant with my second child (I lost the first one to miscarriage). My husband and I have been married since my 18th birthday, and we started our own home-business with the express purpose of being able to afford to start having kids early, so we'd still be young when they were teens. We're also planning to have lots of kids, so I figured the earlier to start the better grin I really don't think there is a certain "age" like "oh, you're 26-33 you'd better have kids NOW!". I think it is all about when you're ready, emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.

I have a friend who has been married for 15 years, she's in her late 30s, but she has always been a real party animal, and even now, she is not ready to settle down and have a responsibility like a child. She may never get there (she's the type of gal who wishes she was a teen in the 70s so she could be a real hippie).

So, I think it depends on where you're at. Not how old you are.

Shark
Shark
It's really important to do things, education, travel, financial readiness, before it's complicated with children. Marriage isn't always easy, and either is parenting. Life lessons. When you're 30 you'll realize what you didn't know when you were 20. More life lessons. Be old enough to have experienced and young enough to still be active. That's why I say 26-33. That's not to say 20 year olds can't make wonderful mothers, because they can.

J
J
25... I always wanted to have kids younger, like my 20s.
I am 20 now, and no way... my man has 4 childrens from his previous marriage. And he wants his children to wrog before we have a baby which i think its great!
So this proves again that it all depends on the situation your are in.
AS LONG AS ITS WITH THE RIGHT PERSON ITS ALL GOOD! =)

Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm 27, just got pregnant and I reckon these are good years.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.