logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#296583 03/04/07 02:12 PM
V
OP Offline
V
I wanted to know if this is healthy re-growth. When I pull my hair back I can see hairs fall onto my forehead and see shorter hairs on top that look like re-growth. My hair has always been fine..but I had a lot of it. Since my shed due to poor diet and low ferritin I've lost a lot of volume. My derm said I could dye my hair and that the new growth looks normal. But because I lost so much, the top of my hair feels so thin and flat. This is healthy re-growth, right? I've been on iron for three months and have improved my diet. But I've read it can take up to 6 months to a year to really see improvement in your hair. Is that correct?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Sounds like new growth to me. I had some hair yanked out (dont ask) and a while later saw short little hairs coming too.

I have heard coloring fine hair can make it seem more dense because it adds texture to hair. Also,having lighter hair makes thinning look less noticeable. For instance,my hair is darker now.After years of coloring it blonde.My part is much more noticeable with the dark hair,you can see more scalp cuz of the contrast.Blonder,lighter hair tends to hide this problem better.

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
yes seeing new growth does take time for some people. The only thing I can suggest you to do is take multi vitamins and hair skin and nail vitamins, drink lots of water, deep condition once or twice a week, and don't use to much heat on the hair. research different herbs like milk thistle and olive leaf extract and royal jelly, I found that those herbs also benefit the hair.

you will see a difference over time.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: velvetgreen
I wanted to know if this is healthy re-growth. When I pull my hair back I can see hairs fall onto my forehead and see shorter hairs on top that look like re-growth. My hair has always been fine..but I had a lot of it. Since my shed due to poor diet and low ferritin I've lost a lot of volume. My derm said I could dye my hair and that the new growth looks normal. But because I lost so much, the top of my hair feels so thin and flat. This is healthy re-growth, right? I've been on iron for three months and have improved my diet. But I've read it can take up to 6 months to a year to really see improvement in your hair. Is that correct?
Are you taking any medication?

K
K
My older sister always had very thick, lush hair. When she was perimenopausal, she started to notice a huge amount of hair in the shower drain, etc. She has enough hair so that it wasn't as if it had some dramatic effect on her appearance, but she was still freaked out about it.

I had been using this shampoo from a local spa that I had really accelerated the growth of my hair - so much so that even though I LOVED the way it made my hair look and feel, I actually considered not using it as much because I had to accelerate my haircoloring schedule! She started to use it on my recommendation, along with taking an oral biotin supplement. Her hair loss has stopped and she says her hair looks better than it ever has. This particular shampoo is sls-free (which is great for color treated hair), but it is also loaded with sea kelp bioferment. I don't know of any other shampoo with this stuff but, man oh man, it sure does make a major, major difference. Its Bella Pelle

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 04/28/07 03:36 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.