logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
it's absolutely true that on ebay jewelry gets buried. the jewelry market is so over-saturated and no better place as an example for that than eBay. then again, eBay does NOTHING to help their sellers.

i'm glad to know on etsy the environment is a good one and that the traffic is better, plus the forums are nice. like i said i had only heard what i heard, and usually one hears the negative about a venue before the positive.

i also utilize a Squidoo lens as a traffic venue. it's completely free and although you do have to put work into promoting, it is a good atmosphere with all the tools available to put up as much of a display as you like.

promote whatever venue you use in your blog also and make sure the blog gets syndicated. nothing brings in good traffic like a well designed blog.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi
I have just started on etsy but I think it is a pretty good venue. eBay is horrid.
did someone develop your blog for you or did you do it yourself?

Jewels by Anastasia
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J
Koala
Koala
J
Hi, I recently decided to go back to doing beadwork. It used to be a real passion but I set it aside for working on the computer (both are hard on the wrists and fingers) I used to sell my bead work and I agree that wearing it is a great advertisement-also where you wear it. Going to craft fairs, etc to check out the offerings is great but also if you have on your own stuff, people ask about it. I was very flattered last year when I went to an upscale pow wow wearing my bead work and several people asked me if I had a booth there!

I would suggest too you check out the forum on Bead and Button. There is a huge community there and selling work is much discussed. It's at www.beadandbutton.com

I haven't tried creating a website with my work but I agree that seo is very important. Also, on the bead and button forum you can add a sig and photos of your work there as well. It helps with the traffic.
Joan

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.