Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Shark
Shark
The Exorcist
Poltergeist
The Ring
The Grudge...that girl sliding down the stairs with that clicking sound.....I watched this movie late at night all by myself with all the lights out (just to get the mood right) - then I made sure to watch all the "special features" on the DVD because I knew I'd have nightmares otherwise!

Mother always said that even when things seem bad there's someone else who's having a worse day. Like being stung by a bee or getting a splinter or being chained to the wall in someone's sex dungeon.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
That scene you described in Pet Semetary, Moe, got me too. And I can't remember what movie it was, but there was a similar scene with somebody hiding under a car. I always walk a little faster around cars at night...

I enjoyed The Ring, mainly because I could actually watch it and not the inside of my duvet. Not saying it wasn't scary, but I could understand why Samara was so vengeful. It seemed like there was something that could be done to stop the cycle. So the ending got me: I thought everything was okay now, but I guess the producers needed a sequel set up. I thought it didn't "ring" true...

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Elephant
Elephant
The original ALIEN movie. That one still gets me.

E
Koala
Koala
E
I've never seen the first Alien movie - for some reason I've only seen Aliens (2) and Alien Resurrection (4, I think). And AVP, which was rubbish.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have two that come to mind as pretty scary and they are 80ish horror movies. Scary but also ingenious. Ingenious because of the ways people were killed.

Happy Birthday to Me - Starring whats her name from Little House - Melissa Anderson

April Fool's Day - Watch this movie. It will blow your mind if you can find it. The movie not your mind lol

For just plain shock factor then any of the Final Destination movies. FD3 was really good too. Just rented that the other night. Ingenious too the way Death finds ways to kill these people. lol. Great movies.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
W
W
The first 'Alien'. I saw that one at a movie theater with my boyfriend not long after it came out, and we went to it not really knowing what it was about. Man, I found it scary! And my boyfriend, who was making fun of me during the first half of the movie for being afraid, practically soiled his pants not long after, during a scene where the alien jumps out at one of the characters. Creepy movie.

I also found 'The Blair Witch Project' very scary. Saw it in the theater and it just spooked me out too much. Perhaps because it was a setting in the woods, and I love hiking in the woods (though I must admit, it was the final scene in the movie that really gave me chills). However, I watched it again when it came out on DVD, and didn't find it scary at all. I think it was seeing it on the big screen, and having the feeling of actually being there in the woods with them, that created the intensity of it. (Oh, and I was one of those people who suffered from motion sickness while watching it; had to keep averting my eyes every so often so my stomach could settle down.)

The original version of The Grudge-Ju On

Parakeet
Parakeet
I am not a big horror movie watcher but here is a list of movies I thought were very scary:

these are in no particular order:

ALIEN (1979)
HALLOWEEN (1978)
THE BIRDS (1963)
ALIENS (1986)
JAWS (1975)
WAR of the WORLDS (1953)
QUARTERMASS and the PIT (1968)
PLANET OF THE APES (1968)

The scariest horror film ever to me is, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose," then, "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"(2003 Remake), and the third one would be, "The Omen" series.

A scary movie I believe is an excellent film to watch on Halloween Night with the "whole family" is, "The Others," with Nicole Kidman. I simply love the part where Grace(Kidman) is in the kitchen with the maid, Bertha Mills, and Bertha Mills says, "You know, mum, sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead." That line gets me everytime, especially the way she says it, the look on her face, and that English accent, wow!!

There's my "two cents."

Sincerely,
Lonelypoet

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
Probably just because I was the right age when I saw them, but these two made an impression!

The Exorcist
Jaws

Lately I found Hard Candy to be pretty disturbing.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.