Print Thread
#301601 03/22/07 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just curious what you guys think about doing them...

My husband and I moved at the end of January. It was rather unexpected, but I got a job 5 hours away and that's the way that went. I love the job and the location, but man does money stuff still hurt. And it's going to hurt for some months.

I haven't done any money specific spells, because I feel kind of guilty/greedy about doing them. I did one to get renters in our house back in Jacksonville, and we did get renters soon thereafter, but just to straight up cast a spell for money doesn't seem the same. Especially when the only amounts that would help are in the thousands of dollars.

So, I guess I would just like some wisdom and insight from the elders of the group.

Thanks, as always!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#302238 03/25/07 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any ethical concerns about money spells from anyone???

#303022 03/27/07 10:14 PM
M
M
From my personal perspective as a practitioner of Wicca, no there is nothing ethically wrong with asking for abundance, prosperity, the bills taken care of. The whole "not doing spells for personal gain" thing was never heard of before the tv show Charmed came on - for some reason it has really stuck and I've heard it repeated almost as doctrine. YUK! The biggest hurdle I've seen in my years of counseling as a priestess is the fact that so many people honestly don't feel they *deserve* prosperity. This underlying belief is the undoing of many a money spell!
Best of luck in your new community!
~M.

Madmblu #303225 03/28/07 05:01 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I agree with Madmblu that Pagans often live in a culture of poverty thinking they should't ask for prosperity. Thats something that needs to be fixed!

I am all for asking for abundance and prosperity and funds to pay bills etc. The only thing I would caution you about is to make your that you are neither too vague or too specific about where your money comes from and how much you need, think before you spell. You don't want to take money out of anothers needy pocket or lose someone close to you for an inheritance but by the same token you don't want a money spell to "work" by finding a $5 on the sidewalk because that wont solve the problem

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.