Wolf
Very well said.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
texasdave7 #302068 03/24/07 01:53 PM
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Exactly right Biblbasic, we yearn to be reconnected to Him and when we do connect spiritually how awesome it is. It is so tremendous it is hard to put into typed words.

In His Love,

Sandy

Alexandra #302147 03/24/07 10:54 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
God, on the other hand, according to you, would let them burn in Hell for an eternity, if they do not turn to him through jesus. So whilst God burns sinners, his followers save them.

Wrong again Alex, those who CHOOSE to live in disobedience to God's Word burn THEMSELVES in the fire of hell.

Quote:
Mat 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works? And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

Luk 12:4-5 And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you of whom you shall fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yea, I say to you, fear Him.

Luk 12:8-10 Also I say to you, Whoever shall confess Me before men, the Son of Man also shall confess him before the angels of God. But he who denies Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him. But to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven.

Luk 13:2-7 And answering, Jesus said to them, Do you suppose that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans because they suffered such things? I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were sinners above all men who lived in Jerusalem? I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. He also spoke this parable: A certain man had a fig-tree planted in his vineyard. And he came and sought fruit on it, and found none. And he said to the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig-tree, and find none. Cut it down, why does it encumber the ground?

So, hell is a reality for those who bring it on themselves. If one has been told about Jesus Christ and has inquired as to the mystery of salvation and REJECTED it, they are doomed. God determines that none should perish, but He gave us the right to choose. It's up to you....you WILL experience eternity.... where do you want to spend your forever?

So, everyone, don't come in here expecting to feel good all the time and only hear what tickles your ears. Sometimes it may smack you in the forehead. If your not comfortable hearing about hell and eternity, then perhaps it's because you've CHOSEN not to HEAR it. AND just because you've chosen to close your ears to the truth doesn't make it less true.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
BiblBasixEditor #302163 03/25/07 12:28 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Hi, Jenna,

I totally agree with you that religion is not always about feeling good. I myself believe that those who go against God's words go to hell. Trying not to hear the truth does not help. I am talking about my own religion- Hinduism. But I agree with you.
Ihave some observations-

We have believers and we have people who question them. The people who are questioning want to make the believers look like ignorant. The reverse is true. Those who think that they are very intelligent are the most ignorant.

Writing long text in a manner that only sounds good and makes no real sense to anybody is of no use at all. It is only an exercise of displaying one�s power of writing.

I feel that those who are not believers are more responsible for vitiating the whole atmosphere. They only keep trying to question the believers and provoke them. It is a game. The name of the game is- Oh, How I enjoy irritating these people.

I would say that such people are not mentally healthy, because they do not they do leave a believer alone.

Unncessary questions about proofs and so on are of no use.

Modern Woman #302236 03/25/07 09:17 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, but not all of the questions about proof are unnecessary. People could be asking questions because they are trying to understand what we are telling them about Jesus.

However, I do agree that some questions and statements are inane and are asked to see if they can get a rise out of us, but , you just have to rise above it and answer their question as if it was a real question and just ignore the obvious attempts to try and get us mad or frustrated.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Wolf
Wolf
What does the questioner get out of it? Only negative pleasure that has no relation with any spiritual upliftment?

Modern Woman #302422 03/26/07 03:27 AM
Zebra
Zebra
I just find it extremely sad that so many vibrant, intelligent, coherent people can put their faith blindly in a book with no credited author, that has undergone so many publications and re-writings, and has ultimately been produced as a means of controlling its followers through fear, not Love.
there is no encouragement in what you purport to preach, that permits question or argument. You insist on hanging on to something that is a possibility rather than a certaintly.

Faith is Hope in evening dress, and to me - To Me - whilst I truly think it admirable that your faiths are "unshakable", I feel it ultimately sad that you accept so much diatribe without question.
It's said that Humans are made in God's Image, which I think is totally the wrong way around. But if it is so, why stoop to be a copy?
You undervalue yourselves, you really do.

I'm done here.

Alexandra #302804 03/27/07 03:54 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
To you it is a an uncertainty. To me and every other Bible believing Christian, it is a definite certainty.

These letters that we now call the Bible were written on three different continents, by forty different men and in three different languages over a period of 1600 years. How is it that they all meld together so nicely in one book?

Because it is the Word of God. I am saddened that your apparent destiny is the fiery pits of hell. However, I won't give up on you and will keep praying for you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Wolf
Wolf
I think that it is time that Buddhist and christians stop their war on this forum. It is serving no purpose except vitiating the whole atmosphere.

Modern Woman #303255 03/28/07 07:41 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
CDM, you are confusing war with debating. People make statements, other people respond to those statements. The aforementioned people don't like the responses to their statements and make statements to that effect. The aforementioned responders come back and respond to the statements that were made for or against their responses and it keeps going from there.

No war, just debates.

Yeesh, lighten up, will ya? smile

Last edited by amadeus1220; 03/28/07 07:42 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.