Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I'm putting together an article on things you can crochet with one ball of yarn. This is for people looking for a small project to use up odds and ends, or a ball of yarn left over from another project.

Anyone got any good ideas that they would like to share?? Any yarn, any brand, any weight....!!

Kate

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
A scarf is a good option - always a welcome gift in the winter and they are quite popular to wear with blouses and sweaters now, too.

Kathi
I have long hair and always looking for cute things to use like "scrunchies" elastic that runs through a circle of material. It might work with crochet also. Just a thought! Look how they are made at the hair accessories section at your store. I hope this helps.

One more thought, How about a holder for the REMOTE CONTROL....people are always losing it and you could make a pouch to keep it in.

bye and happy crocheting!
Jazzy Geri

Crazy as I wanna be,
Jazzy Geri
Parakeet
Parakeet
Dog toys! I have several knit dog toy patterns that I am planning to convert to crochet because I think they will work better in crochet. For instance, I have a pattern for a knit ball that Pico adores but I think would hold up much better in crochet (not to mention that I could crochet it in rounds instead of rows and avoid having to sew a seam!) And the same goes for the knit bone toy - it's much easier to crochet 2 bone shapes and sew them together than knit them.

Also, I have a pattern where you knit a really long I-cord (about a half-ball of yarn worth) and then twist it together until it doubles back on itself twice. You tie an overhand knot on each end to form a bone shape. It's kind of like the knotted rope bones you can buy but it doesn't shred as much. I was thinking i t would work well with a really long piece of single or double crochet (great kids project too.)

I'm thinking about a G-hook with worsted weight cotton.

Julie

M
M
As everyone must know by now, I love to crochet around fleece to make many things. You could buy 1-1/2 yards of fleece and crochet 3 or 4 rounds and only use about 3/4 of a ball. Another idea is to crochet placemats for your dinner table.

MarleenCrochets
www.edgerydoo.com
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If it is worsted weight cotton yarn dishcloths or pot holders are good. Also some hats are good for 1 skein also. Some times I use the large skeins of Red Heart yarn and you can make a lot of stuff with that since they are 6 oz.
Darlene

WHEN IT RAINS, LOOK FOR THE RAINBOW
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thankyou for your ideas!!

Hats are a good one, and I love the idea of making dog toys. I agree with you Julie - I think that crochet would work well, it seems to make a more robust fabric - good for chewy dogs!

Kate

Shark
Shark
I crocheted all of my Chihuahua's dog toys and she loved them. One that was a real favorite was an "eight-legged" thing with a small filled ball in the center made from cotton thread. I used those little chlorophyll pieces they have for cleaning the dog's breath and it really kept her interest. All the crocheted toys have outlasted the store-bought ones.

Sharlene Thomas
Career Training Editor, Bella Online
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
C
C

Sprinkles here used exactly 1 ball of yarn. She has a rattle in her belly made from those plastic ornaments with beads in it and then crazy glued shut.

Both the dog and dragon took under a skien

Of course baby booties and bonnets are good but a real quick item that is great for very limited yarn yardage are these sandles.

Sue
[url=www.cottoncandees.com]www.cottoncandees.com[/url]
CGOA ~ Crochet Guild of America Member

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.