logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Alexandra #298218 03/10/07 07:43 AM
Wolf
Wolf
I am more worried that these fanatic posters will manage to create more enemies than friends.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/10/07 07:45 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Alexandra #298271 03/10/07 03:22 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
I am not threatening anyone with hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels.If anyone goes there it is because they themselves have chosen it. It has nothing to do with me. And 800 million Indians are wrong. Truth is not dependent upon consensus.

texasdave7 #298317 03/10/07 09:19 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders.

Jesus said what He said and then let God do what God decided to do. You've said your piece now move on...

Quote:
We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

There are two issues here. First is the matter of what you consider the "whole Truth". When did you decide that you were God? How do you know that God has not already spoken here? Where is it written in His Word that he has designated YOU as his spokesman? You sound more like a condemning pharisee than a loving disciple. It is the relentlessness of your approach that is exhausting.

I understand that you think you are doing God's will and evangelizing the nations to bring all under the cover of salvation. But take some time a look over the reponses to your posts. Have you brought ANYONE into a loving relationship with Christ? Have you gotten any response other than negative YET? You even have some Christians turning their back on supporting you. It is harder to live with love for everyone than it is to judge and condemn. Try to learn from this. Grow as an evangelist. Jesus let his words sink in and He gained followers. He didn't hammer everyone until His own followers hung Him from the cross. The pharisees bullied people into following their rules and teachings by being the loudest speakers in the room, by claiming to have the advantage over simple everyday folks, and by allowing no one to come into knowledge of God's Word on their own. People don't want to be dragged to the foot of the cross and demanded to repent. "For what" is their cry. What have I done?! Instead one must learn to demonstrate the love of Christ first and then shed light on the mysteries everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation, after all, this is GOD'S JOB, not ours.

The second thing going on in this quote of yours is the implication that I am only supporting "half truths" and am a liar. This Dave is only your pride speaking. You can't possibly truly feel this way. There is supposed to be an even playing ground among Christians. Not a hierarchy. Your not better than I am in the kingdom. In God's eyes we are all equal. He loves me with the same passion and fervor that He loves everyone. So think next time before you imply that another person is a liar or worse, leading others astray.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
BiblBasixEditor #298364 03/11/07 01:34 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: BiblBasixEditor
Quote:
Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders.

Jesus said what He said and then let God do what God decided to do. You've said your piece now move on...

Quote:
We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

There are two issues here. First is the matter of what you consider the "whole Truth". When did you decide that you were God? How do you know that God has not already spoken here? Where is it written in His Word that he has designated YOU as his spokesman? You sound more like a condemning pharisee than a loving disciple. It is the relentlessness of your approach that is exhausting.

I understand that you think you are doing God's will and evangelizing the nations to bring all under the cover of salvation. But take some time a look over the reponses to your posts. Have you brought ANYONE into a loving relationship with Christ? Have you gotten any response other than negative YET? You even have some Christians turning their back on supporting you. It is harder to live with love for everyone than it is to judge and condemn. Try to learn from this. Grow as an evangelist. Jesus let his words sink in and He gained followers. He didn't hammer everyone until His own followers hung Him from the cross. The pharisees bullied people into following their rules and teachings by being the loudest speakers in the room, by claiming to have the advantage over simple everyday folks, and by allowing no one to come into knowledge of God's Word on their own. People don't want to be dragged to the foot of the cross and demanded to repent. "For what" is their cry. What have I done?! Instead one must learn to demonstrate the love of Christ first and then shed light on the mysteries everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation, after all, this is GOD'S JOB, not ours.

The second thing going on in this quote of yours is the implication that I am only supporting "half truths" and am a liar. This Dave is only your pride speaking. You can't possibly truly feel this way. There is supposed to be an even playing ground among Christians. Not a hierarchy. Your not better than I am in the kingdom. In God's eyes we are all equal. He loves me with the same passion and fervor that He loves everyone. So think next time before you imply that another person is a liar or worse, leading others astray.

Great writing. Applaud.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/11/07 01:39 AM.
texasdave7 #298368 03/11/07 01:40 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: texasdave7
I am not threatening anyone with hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels.If anyone goes there it is because they themselves have chosen it. It has nothing to do with me. And 800 million Indians are wrong. Truth is not dependent upon consensus.

Ignored after reading. Rubbish.

Modern Woman #298377 03/11/07 02:10 AM
Gecko
Gecko
I guess Dave is honest with us and tell every thing that he thinks is right.
I like such people when can see them as they are.

babak #298385 03/11/07 03:32 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: babak
I guess Dave is honest with us and tell every thing that he thinks is right.
I like such people when can see them as they are.

Such people can create lot of unnecessary hatred. Invite him to Islamic forum and see what happens?

Modern Woman #298437 03/11/07 09:33 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Cdmohatta
I guess about Islam we have more common sense! lol
Nowadays, I less participate in discussion with religious persons, just because I saw most of them are less logical, reiterate some sentences, just accept what they think is right and that's all. In this case not so difference in title of religion I think!
It don't mean I ignore them, try to read their posts and learn more, just during some weeks ago I learned a lot from people in this forum.
I like to see free speech; people tell their opinion freely even if it offend and insult my opinion and believe.

Modern Woman #298438 03/11/07 09:34 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It really doesn't matter how we talk to you about Christianity on here because you are going to refuse to believe it anyway.

We have tried to talk with you with easiness and we tried to talk with a sense of fire and brimstone and you have all shot it down no matter how we talk about it.

You've asked for proof and it was given to you. However, if it wasn't written by the Dahli Lama or some other pro - Buddhist person, then you refuse to believe it as truth.

Jenna, you said that we shuld shed light on the mysteries that everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation.
What Mysteries?

We've tried telling them that Christ died for us and that He would have died for just one person if He had to. We have tried to explain that Christ exemplifies love and they come back with Buddha does too or Mohammed is the same way.

Then when we tell them that their religion is false according to the Word of God, they get offended and then do not want to hear anything.

Whether we come at them with love or fire and brimstone, it doesn't matter because it is with love in our hearts that we try to reach out to people like Alexandra or Babak or whomever doesn't know Christ on a more personal level.

Sure there are different classifications of Christians but if they do not follow the Word of God, believe that the Bible was written by God or believ that Jesus preached about Heaven and Hell and then died for us so if we believe in Him, we will not know the horrors of Hell, then they are not Christians at all.

The White Supremacists and the Klan for instance, are not Christians and they claim to be.

People who follow the teachings of Buddha instead of God are not Christians and will not know Heaven.

People who belong to the Church of Satan and follow him instead of God will not know Heaven.

People who follow Mohammed instead of Jesus will not know the splendor of Heaven.

Jenna, it is fine that you want a good reputation on here and want respect but you go ahead and tell Alexandra that she will not go to Heaven if she continues to follow Buddha and see what she says to you.

Texas Dave is right. There is no middle of the road here. You either believe in Christ and why He was born and died or you don't.

If you don't, then you will suffer the consequences according to the Word of God.

We didn't come here to act self righteous or pious. It was love in my heart to come here and try to spread the Word of God so that others may be saved as well.

Can't tell people about hell? Someone better tell them about it. It is a reality.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
Thank you Amadeus. Well spoken.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.