Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Modern Woman #297980 03/09/07 08:16 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Read John 3:18 Jesus says those who do not follow Him are already condemned. John 14:6 says Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father. All other ways lead to judgement. All other faiths are false hope. Christ is life. The ONLY true path.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
texasdave7 #297981 03/09/07 08:22 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Until I receive an apology, I'm ignoring you.

Alexandra #298036 03/09/07 02:09 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Why do you shut people off when they give you the proof that you ask for?

Here is some more proof for you:

Matthew 7:15 says Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1-3 says, Believe not every spirit but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world... every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God.

I also found this passage in a Christain counseling book:

For centuries the "Eastern" religions have kept millions upon millions in poverty, disease, superstition and illiteracy. Now they are "disguised" and offered to the Western world as being beneficial to the "body" and "mind".

However, since you are seemingly blind to anything outside of the Eastern religions, I don't expect you to take much stock in what I have written here either.

You all keep asking for proof and when it is given to you, you dismiss it and say you want more. How much proof will it take for you to believe something?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Modern Woman #298143 03/10/07 12:53 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted By: texasdave7
Christianity and buddhism do not mix. Buddhism is a false religion.

Your second sentence is wrong. I take it as a personal affront.

Unfortunatly, I am reluctant to act on this as this IS the Bible Basics forum... however, I am sorry that you feel hurt or threatened in here.

Texas Dave, we all have to be able to speak in here whether you feel that Buddism is false or not. Everyone is welcome to their own beliefs and there needs a to be a freedom of expression on both sides.

So CM, I am sorry that you feel affronted, please do not let this inhibit your posting. I AM monitering.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
texasdave7 #298144 03/10/07 01:05 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.
THIS is what this verse says.

Quote:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
John 3:21 But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

This is what the Word says. Through these verses I see that even though it DOES say condemned, Jesus explains himself. He says that the condemnation is not having the Light. Not having the courage to come into the light lest our sins are exposed. It's easy to walk in the flesh instead of the spirit. We are so used to hiding behind our masks instead of getting real with ourselves especially in front of others let alone people we know. Jesus says He ALREADY knows us and LOVES us anyway. So there is nothing to be afraid of. We are WELCOMED into the light of knowing Him.

Jesus wasn't out praying on the corners where the Pharisees were praying, he's walking along with a group of outcasts and fishermen and tax collectors. Sometimes we can find God in the middle of a crowd we never expected to be in. God can use anyone. ANYONE. We need to be able to be taught anytime, anyplace, anyway. After all how Christ-like are we if we subject another one of God's children to harsh judgement and criticism. Isn't that more the style of the Pharisees than of Christ? I say love and let God be the judge. We only plant the seeds we don't make it grow...

Jenna Robinson
BiblBasixEditor #298146 03/10/07 01:08 AM
Wolf
Wolf
To call a faith false is wrong. That is an attack that is not required. Imagine what happens to Buddhists when they hear that their religion is false? This kind of talk has already created lot of problems between Muslims and Christians. Let this forum not become a ground for spread of hatred. There is something called decency. A good Christian should not hurt others. Am I right? Alexendra deserves an apology from texas dave.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/10/07 01:09 AM.
Modern Woman #298157 03/10/07 01:27 AM
Gecko
Gecko
To have faith is wonderful. To find peace is wonderful. To expect one person to behave according to our OWN standards is foolish. Alex can ignore Dave if this is what makes her feel better. She can decide that Dave is wrong and stop trying to draw blood from a turnip and move on.

In the Biblical sense Dave is right. There is no other path to heaven (life with Christ) than through a born again relationship with Jesus Christ. But I don't subscribe to this form of evangelism. It's not my calling. In my opinion, being a Christian is BEING a Christian. I wrote an article on the Bible Basics site called Being a Living Sacrifice. In this article I explain that walking the walk is about actually being like Jesus not just spouting off about it in terms that non-Christians can't understand. It's about love. Jesus came to show us the Father's love. He came to demonstrate the laws of the old testament and how most of us people back then were making it more complicated than it actually was because we were missing the key ingredient: love. If I love my husband, I'm not going to cheat on him or lie to him. If I love my children, I'm not going to let them go hungry or thirsty. If I love my parents I'm going to treat them with respect and reverence for their position in my life. Without love, there can be NO evangelism. Sometimes we have to hear the actual truth, but without love we just drive people away.

So do I think Buddism is a "false" religion? I hear you asking...

Yes. BUT, I also think that if someone experiences peace within their souls, and that God is in control of everything and KNOWS what is in the heart of the person who is FINDING this peace in Buddism, then I am called to be a good representative of Jesus - truth in love- and to NOT turn the hearts of those who are NOT born again Christians even harder. I plant the seeds of the love of Christ through my actions and my attitude. Not my words alone.

Jenna Robinson
BiblBasixEditor #298172 03/10/07 02:12 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
We are to live our lives in love. We are to speak in love. Loving someone is not always gentle. Jesus gave us the way out of condemnation that rests on all of us without Him. It is an injustice to our brothers and sisters if we fail to warn them of failure to accept Christ. Warning of danger is a loving thing. Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders. Why do you think the law ( Old Testament) came first? God does nothing by accident. The law came first because repentance must come first. The law came first because no one will flee to Christ for salvation if they do not first feel conviction under the law. Jesus died for our SINS. So, that is a critical issue. The cross is a symbol of hope AND a warning. It is hope because a God who loves us enough to sacrifice His innocent, only begotten Son for our sins loves us greatly indeed. It is a warning because a God who is willing to put His innocent, only begotten Son through extreme torture and death for sin will not hesitate to put His guilty, adopted children in hell. God is love but He is also holy and just. We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

texasdave7 #298196 03/10/07 03:49 AM
Wolf
Wolf
To call other faith as false is wrong and unacceptable. According to Hinduism, Buddha was incarnation of Lord Vishnu. He is considered nothing less than God by Indians, at least 800 million of them. Tibet, Japan, China, thailand, Korea, sri Lanka and many other nations are full of Buddhists. You should visit Bodhgaya in India to know what Buddhism is.

Is Christ happy with your statements? No. I repeat that before you threaten others with hell and what not, you may find the highway to hell yourself. You keep talkingof love and your words are very bitter and hurting to others.

Are you serving Christianity by speaking thus?

Modern Woman #298213 03/10/07 07:15 AM
Zebra
Zebra
I have tears in my eyes as I read the comforting words of CDMohatta and Jenna, and bow to your goodness, kindness, openness, compassion and Brotherhood.

Thank you both for your loving words.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.