Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#292396 02/13/07 08:10 PM
Rosie52 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Does anyone have permanent make-up and if so what was the deciding factor to make the decision to get it done? What happens if you have permanent make-up and decide after a couple of months your tired of it and want to change it, what are your options? Is permanent forever or is this something that has to be redone every couple of years?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I dont have it, but I know people who have had it done.many that didnt turn out good either. Sometimes it doesnt take and you have to go back again and again.
I always wanted perm. lip liner and filled-in lips cuz my lips are kinda thin. I dont even leave the house without lipliner on.
I just havent heard good things about it.other wise I'd have tried it.

F
F
I had my eyeliner done in November 06, and love it. I had two sessions initially and need to go back for one more touch-up, it depends on your skin as to the number of times you will need to go. I will have my full lips done for my next birthday. Please note, this is a tattoo, so do your homework, get someone reputable. As far as forever, the person who applied mine had her lip liner and eyeliner done 17 years ago and it still looked great. As far as options, if you need a different lip color, it would have to be reapplied over top of your existing color. She explained to me that the color is picked for your lips as to the color of your skin tone. Hope this helps you decide.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I had mine done in 2000. i had eyeliner top and bottom, eyebrows, lip liner and fill. took 2 sessions. the lady is awesome. explained everything, showed examples, helped me chose colors and why. i love it!
the lip liner and fill is almost gone, the lips slough off skin. i love the eyeliner.
i tried to get a pic of my eyes, but couldn't, i'll try again later smile
anyway, check into it, make sure the person is reputable and safe, uses clean instruments, the place is clean and take the time to talk to them.

flowr
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~W.B. Yeats ~
Amoeba
Amoeba
I had eyeliner done several years ago. I used a technician who does Soft Tap (I think that's what it's called). It's still a tattoo, but uses a mineral dye and they say you have to redo it in about 10 years. It's been 6-7 years now for me, and it's starting to fade.

I absolutely love it. In fact, I'm planning on redoing it in the next few years.

It didn't hurt, either, but I hear the lips can be pretty painful.

I have a neighbor who did on her eyebrows,lipline, and eyelids. She has had it for several years now and is sorry she ever did her eyebrows. We all know that with aging comes sagging and wrinkles, well her eyebrow line sagged along with her eyebrows and it looked awful. So she had to go and have it lazered off or something like that. Anyway it turned out to be a mess. I personally would never have it done. But that is just me.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I had thought about having my lips done, they are kind pale and I thought the additional color would be nice. What was her experience with her lip line? I would be affraid to do the eyeliner. AND I have plenty of hair in my eyebrows so I'm good there.

S
S
I'm not sure if I want this done or not, still debating it. I would look into many places before choosing one though. I do get tired of doing the makeup, lately I haven't wore any unless really needed. Not that I need alot, but to help even some face spots after 2 kids and all that jazz. About how much is the eye lining process cost?

Meet like minded people sharing their success stories
and tips to help you lose the weight you want and get
the body you've always dreamed of. Just visit:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The biggest reason I would NOT want to do it, is because I love playing with color so much. I'm always changing up my lip color, so of course the liner has to match, LOL! And I love, love all those great new shades of eyeliner they have out.

It would just be too dull to have the same color all the time.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
I agree with BellaHarmony. I'm ALWAYS changing colors and trying new things. If it doesn't work, just wash off with the make-up remover wipe and start over.

Permanence of any kind scares me.

I crave evolution of self.

LOL

View my store @ BigBeautifulButterfly.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.