logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cramy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
If your bad Cholesterol levels are too high, here are some foods that may help.

ARTICHOKES, ONION, AND 1-2 CLOVES OF GARLIC a day can help lower blood cholesterol, although it is not known why.

WALNUTS, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, ALMONDS, PUMPKIN SEEDS, LINSEED, WHEATGERM AND SOYA BEAN all provide linoleic acid, the essential fatty acid that lowers total cholesterol and , to some extent reduces the tendency of the blood to form harmful clots. Eat small regular amounts: too much linoleic acid will lower HDL as well as LDL, cholesterol.

OATS, PULSES, APPLES, DRIED FRUIT, CITRUS FRUIT AND PEAS are all rich in soluble fibre which reduces the amount of LDL cholesterol entering the bloodstream. Soluable fibre needs a low-fat diet to work well. Oats can also lower raised blood pressure.

why pay more ?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
And don't forget the new findings on cinnamon!

Cinnamon: "Cinnamon affects cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose transport -- all reported in clinical trials," says Don Graves, Ph.D., a professor of biochemistry at the University of California in Santa Barbara. In a 2003 study, researchers supplemented the diets of 60 diabetic men and women with one, three, or six grams (just more than one teaspoon) of cinnamon daily. After 40 days, subjects' levels of ldl cholesterol fell by as much as 26 percent. "There was no difference in the effects at one gram or six," Graves says.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

~~Click below for new posts on Bella!~~
http://tinyurl.com/yne554
J
Koala
Koala
J
I can attest to the power of cinnamon for cholesterol. My husband's cholesterol went from 220 to 159 in a year and cinnamon was the only thing he did differently. Also, my parents, now in their 80's had similar drops after introducing cinnamon. My sister tried it and her's dropped 40 points in 6 months.

Honestly, cinnamon was the only thing they added. I put about a half teaspoon into my husband's morning smoothie and then few months ago we also added 500 mg capsules. It works great!

Originally Posted By: joanj
I can attest to the power of cinnamon for cholesterol. My husband's cholesterol went from 220 to 159 in a year and cinnamon was the only thing he did differently. Also, my parents, now in their 80's had similar drops after introducing cinnamon. My sister tried it and her's dropped 40 points in 6 months.

Honestly, cinnamon was the only thing they added. I put about a half teaspoon into my husband's morning smoothie and then few months ago we also added 500 mg capsules. It works great!

Thanks for the testimonial Joan! I've added the spice, but I'm thinking about adding capsules too. Haven't priced them yet tho.

~~Click below for new posts on Bella!~~
http://tinyurl.com/yne554
J
Koala
Koala
J
Sorry I didn't visit back to this forum sooner. The cinnamon capsules aren't expensive at all-especially for the benefit they provide. I think I pay about $4 for 100.

Joan

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.