Yep, ok. Good point. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Alexandra #298691 03/12/07 05:07 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
But if God loves us as we are, then surely he can take and accept us as we are, warts and all?
If he knows that we are blessed with a loving and giving nature, why would he then cast us into the bowels of hell?

isn't that a bit cruel?

I can only speak for myself. I know that God loved me and accepted me as I was - warts and all - but I was still destined for hell, even though I was a good mom and nice person, because I wasn't living according to His rules and hadn't accepted Christ's payment for my unholiness. I know He loves me because He sent someone to tell me about Christ.
God is holy and He can't live with the unholy. God is perfect. I was far from perfect and can never be, on my own. I believe everyone lives for eternity. I want to live with God for eternity. That's what accepting Christ does for me.

------
And back to the original question. I often wonder how anyone can doubt that there is God. It seems to me that He is showing Himself everywhere.

T
Shark
Shark
T
Thank you, Amadeus. That is why we are here.

texasdave7 #298736 03/12/07 10:26 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
You are very welcome, Dave. The Warriors in the Army of Christ have to stand together to defeat the enemy and the demons that he sends out into the world and to try and save the lost souls that don't know Him.

I also have a praise report.

Our second night of the drama, "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames" happened tonight and so far in the two nights, we've had over 120 people come to the Lord and we still have two nights to go. It is so awesome to see God working like He is.

Lynne, very well put. Thank you for that. Just like Christ sent someone to her, He has sent us to Alexandra, Pondlady, Skeptic and the others as well. I cannot force them to accept Christ as their Savior nor would I want to, but if they don't accept Him before the Day of Judgment, they will not be able to stand before the Throne and say, "Jesus, I am sorry, but no one told us about you and your love."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Jenna, you wait for people to come ask you about the Bible or God?...You want to sit and wait for people to come to you, that is fine. Me? I am going out into all the lands and spread the gospel. How are you going to get a harvest from your seeds if you do not go out and spread some seeds?

Well obviously not.... Have you ever read some of my articles that I have written (with God's help) for the Bible Basics site? I think people forget there's a whole webzine associated with this forum... smile

I like to think that what I write goes out to the masses. It's my platform. God gave it to me and I value it. I appreciate when readers give me feedback, good or bad. It means that God has lead someone to read what He has lead me to write.

Being a writer is the true motivation for being a part of this forum. I write articles first and then I participate in the forum. Sometimes the forum takes over and sometimes the articles do.

When I said I sit and wait I meant that I don't follow people around (too much). I've built a position here. I am consistant. People know what to expect from me. I value that. God gave that to me.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
BiblBasixEditor #298939 03/14/07 12:29 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: /
but I was still destined for hell

Hi Lynne
Isn't so easy to become qualify for entrance to hell I think. Beside as I see you haven't been eligible for it still, so suggest you to work hard if you want to gain this privilege!
Be success

babak #299001 03/14/07 05:01 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Jenna,
That is fine but we are running out of time. Even if the rapture doesn't happen for another thousand years the world will end within your lifetime. How can I say that? Because when you die, for you, the world will end. That doesn't give you much time for you to do your Father's work. None of us have much time, including the lost we are trying to reach. We must come out from under our churches and articles ( which are all good by the way) and reach out to the lost even if they reject the Gospel. Jesus hung out with sinners and so must we. We cannot wait until they come to us.

texasdave7 #299120 03/14/07 12:23 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
That is so true, Dave. I for one do not want to stand at the Throne and and answer God if he asks me why I didn't reach out to people.

I don't want to say, "Sorry Father, but I was waiting for them to come to me. In fact, Father, I was told on Bella Online not to spread the Word because they were offended when I did."

Not me, Brother. I will continue to spread the Word because I would rather do that and be ridiculed than not do it and possibly be cast into the Lake of fire.

Jesus died for me. This is the very least that I can do for Him.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
babak #299129 03/14/07 12:59 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Beside as I see you haven't been eligible for it still, so suggest you to work hard if you want to gain this privilege!
Be success

babak,
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I said the I was destined for hell before I accpted Jesus. He paid the price. I have no worries now. I know where I'm going when I die. No amount of hard work will do what Jesus did for me.

texasdave7 #299322 03/15/07 04:54 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Lynne
Oh nice, some one paid the heaven fee instead you but for inform you about hell should know that, for hell you have to pay fee yourself!
Any way, I hope our connection won't disrupt there, because I guess rarely an experts/engineer of computer and internet will enter the heaven! lol

I heard a funny story long time ago.
"People of hell and heaven send message to God that, they willing to see another side.
God tell them for this reason, they have to build a bridge for connection, half with each party. Hellish people made their own in a week but another side no any action for thousands years.
God asked heaven people, why you didn't do your job. They answered, because no engineer had entered to heaven so far."

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.