logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
Thanks for the info Karyn, I'll check it out!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
KarynJ Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Okay. smile I'm glad I'm getting a response this time. I think it'll be fun!

KarynJ Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Okay all...it's almost the 15th, and I doubt I will get any more responses to this, so I'll go ahead and declare The 199 Steps as our book pick for March. I would officially list it on the BellaOnline book clubs, but it doesn't look like the template for that includes 2007 yet.

So here's a write-up I did about the book discussion...this will be turned into an article eventually, with your feedback also being included as part of the review of this book.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
Gecko
I just went to borders.com - it comes up as "Borders teamed with Amazon". I did not get the "sold out" message, but the est. ship date is March 15th! I will check the library - that way I can still read the book while I'm waiting for my copy to arrive.

Gecko
Gecko
Ironically, I can order it through amazon.co.uk and have it shipped internationally for about the same price and get it next week! Wacky!! (well, it was about $24USD total after the exchange rate, as opposed to $15 total through Borders/Amazon, but it will ship out within 24 hours!)

Last edited by Tbunny; 02/15/07 11:05 AM.
KarynJ Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks, Tbunny. That at least gives people other options. When I ordered my copy, it was after I saw the warning "one copy left" so they are currently sold out, which is why shipping now is 3-6 weeks. They're waiting to get in another shipment. I'm doubtful that the library will have it, but you never know.

But at least copies can be found...just kind of a roundabout way of getting them.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Glad to know others want to join in. I've read Katherine several times myself but not the other two. 199 steps sounds very interesting!

Keep me posted.

Joan

KarynJ Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Joan> Looks like we have 3 or 4 people participating. Thank goodness it's a small number, since you might have to do some digging to get a copy. But if you don't mind buying it used on amazon.com, go ahead. We'll proceed with the discussion starting March 1.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm not sure what is happening to some of my posts but when I look for them the next day, they just aren't there.

anyway, I would love to join in the discussion of 199 Steps. It sounds like a great book! I've read Katherine several times already and I think it's a real classic.

This one sounds very interesting.

Joan

J
Koala
Koala
J
Well, that was weird. I looked for my post and didn't see it so posted again and then I saw both there. Sorry about that.

I'll get my copy today someplace.

Joan

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.