logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#292078 02/12/07 02:39 PM
Tigress Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not completely sure if I'll get my nipples pierced just yet. Right now I'm in more of the questioning and research stage. So... I saw Rae just posted a nipple piercing article, which I read. But I was wondering if there was anyone here that could share their experiences with the piercing. Some questions:
� what was it/they like to get?
� how irritated did they get afterward?
� Does a looser or tighter bra made a difference?
� Will breast size makes a big difference?
� Will it affect the possibility of breast feeding at some point in the future? (I am aware that the jewlery would have to be rremoved at least during feeding times, if not removed completely)
� What type of jewlery is best to be initially pierced with? (barbell or CBR)

Any insight is much appreciated! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Everything you've asked is very subjective, so recognize that no matter how people answer you, your own experience could be entirely different.

S
S
I got mine done a week ago and my piercer said that barbells are easier on a new piercing, and a week out, I'd have to agreee. Gets caught on so many less things this way. I'm also not gonna lie and say it was painless..it wasn't....it hurt like a [censored], but only for a second and then it was over. The jewelry insertion didn't hurt at all. Mine only bled for the first day and not that much either. They hurt for about a day, and then after that only when I was cleaning them, and that was the first three days or so. They aren't painful at all now. I would reccommend a bra, you don't want these fresh piercings bouncing around! Breast size can make a difference. I am rather large chested, so mine bounce more, so more pain, but like I said, a bra will help that. It doesn't at all affect breastfeeding unless it's done wrong, but when you breastfeed, switching to rings is suggested from what my piercer and a few friends with them have said. Like I started with, barbells are easier on new piercings, but if you're dilligent and your piercer thinks different, go with rings.
Happy Piercing!!!

~Syrenfyre~
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Elephant
Elephant
Now, see, Syrenfyre, I had rings when I first got pierced and have always found them to be superior when it came to cleaning. Also, the one time I got some barbells, I had a nasty snag with one of them and never wore that style of jewelry again. Also, wearing a bra was totally unpleasant for me, but I will say I'm pretty flat-chested for an adult woman.

As I've said before, you're going to find everyone has their own experiences and perception.

Last edited by ~ Rae ~; 06/17/07 01:14 AM.
Tigress Offline OP
OP Offline
I know that my reaction to the piercing would possibly be different from the other experiences people will tell me about, and that's fine. However, I like hearing various perspectives. In the end I will make my own choice, and feel my own level of pain and discomfort.

I have an average size chest I think (34B) and I can get away without a bra, but I prefer wearing one as it makes me more confident/comfortable. I know that the preference for rings or barbells can depend on a persons shape/size. From my own anatomoy I think I might select barbells as I have the feeling the hoops would be dangling in the air and wouldn't lay flat on my breast.... if that makes any sense. At the same time, though, I agree that cleaning a ring could be easier than the barbell...

S
S
Yeah, I've heard differen things from different people about barbells and rings. As soon as I can I'm switching to circular barbells anyway...they're just so cute! And for more flat chested women, it's supposed to be better without a br...but since mine are no where near small, it was just better for me to wear one...much less bouncing, lol.....I swear getting cold sucked for three days after the piercing, lol...gotta love winter!

~Syrenfyre~
Tigress Offline OP
OP Offline
Ooooo!!! I forgot about the jewelry getting cold due to the time of year now lol. My nose ring gets positively freezing! I imagine nipple piercings might be worse.... although at least they can be covered by clothing.

S
S
It's not so bad after the first couple of days getting cold..but man...when I got them done and walked out into the cold air....yeah...never been so upset to be cold in my life! Lol

~Syrenfyre~
B
B
� what was it/they like to get?
I have had mine done twice. Once before having kids, once after. Both times hurt, don't get me wrong, but it's a good kinda hurt. Endorphins rock laugh

� how irritated did they get afterward?
The first time, mine were more sore than the second. The first time I was pierced, the piercer pierced them too far forward and one migrated, one didn't.

� Does a looser or tighter bra made a difference?
For me, a tighter bra was more comfortable at first.

� Will breast size makes a big difference?
Mine are bigger after kids than they were before, but I didn't notice much of a difference.

� Will it affect the possibility of breast feeding at some point in the future? (I am aware that the jewlery would have to be rremoved at least during feeding times, if not removed completely)
I was able to breastfeed my first child with my jewelry in. I took the jewelry out when he was a few months old. I breastfed my twins after they were born and the only difference I noticed was that there were more streams of milk than when I was nursing with jewelry in.

� What type of jewlery is best to be initially pierced with? (barbell or CBR)
Both times I was pierced, I had CBRs to heal. I currently wear small curved barbells.

P
P
I went with one of my friends when she got hers done. She nearly broke my hand cause it hurt her so bad. The healing process was pretty [censored] and she said it was sore for quite sometime. As for the cold thing, even with a bra and shirt you could really tell when she was cold. lol

Celebrate Your Shape!!
www.sweaterdoves.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.