Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Shark
Shark
N
Not only does it make it easy and justified, but also mandatory. Sad, but true. As women fight for equality and their rights, power is lost by the controlling faction-in this case, men. This is viewed as a bad thing by anyone that controls by keeping another down.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
my abuser turned 68yrs old and asked GOD for forgiveness, he feels forgiven for all that he has done, the beatings, lying, cheating,verbal abuse, i think he changed because he lost his prostate to cancer, that took care of his cheating,he can feel forgiven, but ill be a victim for ever;0(

Rosie L
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Does he think that his cancer was the punishment?

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
my abuser turned 68yrs old and asked GOD for forgiveness, he feels forgiven for all that he has done, the beatings, lying, cheating,verbal abuse, i think he changed because he lost his prostate to cancer, that took care of his cheating,he can feel forgiven, but ill be a victim for ever;0(

has he asked YOU for forgiveness?

Because you know, whether he does or doesn't, the choice of whether you carry on 'being a victim for ever' is yours, not his. Only you can be mistress of your destiny. Only you can decide whether you are going to carry this for the rest of your life. And by what you say, you've made the choice to do just that.
Don't get angry, Sky....I once was faced with exactly the same siuation. Only, for my part, I made a decision to stop being a 'victim' and refused to carry that baggage for ONE MORE DAY.

N
Shark
Shark
N
Being a victim becomes a mindset and remains long after the actual abuse ends, making you a victim of your own doing. You must make up your mind to no longer be a victim, ending his control over you. Under lying the evil is good. In this case, a lesson leading to your freedom. The things he did are terrible, but they are over. Do not give them the power to affect your future. Take what good you can find and bury the rest forever. This means you need to work through the damage he has done(not an easy task). You control only one person's thoughts, beliefs, behavior, etc., and that is your own. He has cost you enough. Don't give him the rest of your life. YOU are worth so much more than that!!!!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I second what nadaurz. I had a friend tell me before when I was dwelling on things that happened to me that he did it in the past, he is gone, you don't have to worry about him hurting you anymore, so move on and heal already. While this is another statement that is more easy said then done, it is true.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
How does one truely heal???. I find that it is difficult alone.
I thinks sometimes we were brought up to accept abuse as it seems to come very far back in our habits of accepting abuse. My father usee to call my mother stupid and no one said anything ,so accepting abuse name calling was part my accepting pattern.
It took me years to even address that my father abused me as such ,names ,especially stupid, women are dumb and sometimes touching my breasts when I was growing up, he said he was allowed as he was my father . Finally years later I see that eveyone has been abused, men and women and we all have to learn to love and respect first of all oursel individually and that gegins with tking care of ourself physically, resting, eating well,laughing with othere women, men, being real with each other. We are abused in many more ways than we know....It is time for us to heal together, cry, laugh, not blame, build our confidence and our spirit which has been deflated , let it live once moreand be happy, and whole again.
Wishing you all to heal as a community ...as a planet.
Flamenca

There is money to be made on the net!
Come join the team!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
N
Shark
Shark
N
You begin to heal when you realize despite his best efforts you survived. Not only did you survive, but also beat him at his own game. We are stronger for having gone through it. At this point, I believe, we must take time alone to heal. We must accept and own the part we played in our own abuse. The abuser is a sick, broken person. We can do nothing about that. But what about us, the victim? What within us allowed us to accept such treatment? What allowed us to believe for even one minute we might have deserved it? If you were on the outside watching this happen to a daughter, a sister, a best friend it would never be acceptable. Each of us has to care enough about ourselves, believe in our value, to fight for ourself as hard as we would for a loved one. We need to become one with ourself, accepting our mistakes and flaws so we can move beyond. I have realized by spending time alone that I am good company. You must be a friend to yourself first. Being alone doesn't necessarily mean lonely and vice versa. I have never been as lonely as I was while in an abusive relationship, despite having a man who "loved" me and many friends around. Once I realized I needed to put me first and to settle for nothing less true inner healing began and with it I became a better friend, mother, lover, basically all-around person. As has been said over and over, this is not easy, but it is well worth it in the end. Not to discourage you, but this is an on-going, never ending process but it gets easier with time.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
We all have a sense of justice in us. To get justice is most important to all of us. A murderer is never forgiven, nor is a rapist. Every crime carries punishment.

That is why when somebody gets away by abusing us we feel cheated. We want justice. Nothing else than the justice will heal. Rest all is talk by people who have not been badly abused.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.