Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#289412 01/25/07 03:18 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I got this from a friend today. I have been having problems again dealing with some issues from the past. Substitute the term God with whatever makes u comfy..this is one of the most powerful messages I have gotten in a looong time.

Let it go for 2007..

There are people who can walk away from you.

<And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. (So important for me at this point)

People leave you because they are no t joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay.

Let them go.

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got
to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead.

You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay.

Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ......

LET IT GO!!!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and
see your worth....

LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you .

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge.....

LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents

LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude......

LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better......

LET IT GO!!!

If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken
relationship.......

LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help
themselves......

LET IT GO!!!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed .........

LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to......

LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing for 2007!!!

LET IT GO!!!

Get Right or Get Left .. think about it, and then .

LET IT GO!!!

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
That is easier said than done. Not everything can just be "let go".

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yes marisu you are right, it is easier said then done. But it is like an affirmation. I thought it was good though

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
only if it was that easy

Rosie L
S
S
reading that really gave me a little hope. it is a very hard thing to do, but i know i will eventually.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
smallbutstrong, print it out and hang it somewhere where you can see it everyday like on the refirdgerator or the wall next to your bedroom door. eventually you will read it and think about it so much, you will feel it inside!

Shark
Shark
I LOVED this, Jeannette! Thank you. My sister hasn't returned my calls in over a year nor has she acknowledged my Christmas or birthday presents. It's so hard (and she knows how much it hurts me) -- and I want to LET HER GO.

This was exactly what I've been looking for, this motivation. It really is hard to let go - I hear you Rosie! - but boy is it important. All the negative toxic energy that's been coursing through my veins over this has to be LET GO.

Maybe letting go is as simple as reading these words every time I come back to ruminating, feeling angry, obsessing, dwelling on the bad....Wouldn't that be so great? Just to be free.

It's definitely worth trying!

N
Shark
Shark
N
The serenity prayer comes to mind-...courage to change the things i can, accept the things i can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

M
M
It is a good thought and I thank you for it.

It helps for a few moments and helps make you feel good. What do you do for the rest of the time when the memories come flooding back?

N
Shark
Shark
N
You need to keep those memories in check because with time good memories tend to get better and bad memories seem to lesson, especially if you're feeling extra lonely. If you're feeling strong when they come back, honor them by giving them their due and put them back in the memory bank. Acknowledge what they are-memories. If at the time you're feeling lonely and vulnerable, you need to acknowledge this and choose to look at them another time, keeping in mind your vulnerbility and that they are probably distorted at this time. Then get busy doing anything to divert your attention. Don't totally suppress your memories, good or bad, as the lessons learned will also be suppressed, only to rear their ugly heads at the worst of times. Be good to yourself when you're down! Just refuse to put yourself through it. Sorry if I sound like a preacher or know-it-all. It's not an easy thing to do, but it does get easier. As of yet, I can't say it ever totally goes away, but you can keep it under control. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.