logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wolf
Wolf
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
very cliche but very true

C
C
I like my beauty products. I enjoy putting them on...what I'm saying to the outside world, is that I value myself enough to spend some time and money on these things.

It's easy once you get married and have kids, to not spend time on yourself any more. This happens to a lot of women...in any society in the world, women are valued less than men. They're paid less than men, and money is a measure of what your society thinks you're worth.

So, whenever I see women take the time and money to make themselves pretty, I see it as a positive thing.

Now, spending all your money on every product and procedure that comes down the pike...a fool and her money will soon be parted!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
now this is sweet

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Colleen_S
I like my beauty products. I enjoy putting them on...what I'm saying to the outside world, is that I value myself enough to spend some time and money on these things.

It's easy once you get married and have kids, to not spend time on yourself any more. This happens to a lot of women...in any society in the world, women are valued less than men. They're paid less than men, and money is a measure of what your society thinks you're worth.

So, whenever I see women take the time and money to make themselves pretty, I see it as a positive thing.

Now, spending all your money on every product and procedure that comes down the pike...a fool and her money will soon be parted!

Do you belive that in every society, women are valued less than men?

C
C
Yep...the obvious answer is that women have less money than men, in any society you care to name. They earn less and they own less.

Money is a measure of value. In the U.S., for example, a woman does not get paid for doing "women's work"...taking care of kids, cleaning, cooking, laundry, bookkeeping, any number of computer tasks, etc.

Before you go "ha ha, that's not work," I can say it is work. It is an economic good...you'd have to pay anyone else to do it. It's full time work. A man would never dream of working all day and not getting paid. But a woman works full time, sometimes the equivalent of two full time jobs, for room and board.

I've given it a lot of thought because I "used to work"...the kind of work with a paycheck. Then I had my kids and found out just how much work that is. And people started to say I "wasn't working." And I came to realize how women remain the lesser-paid of the two genders...it's all through not paying them for the work that they do.

A man at his job...no one would tell him to work all day for the love of humanity. He considers his time much more valuable than that. I don't know how to put it...I'm a programmer, I got the same degree that men get here. I competed with men in school and I tutored them too. Now it's like, what I'm doing now is much more important than any paid job. And because it's "women's work," there is no pay and no recognition.

What can I say, it's a mistake to suffer in silence? Nothing ever changes if you do it that way.

Oh thats very opinionated

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Me the reason why my beauty routines are important and that I always do it even when tired or sick is not because of my appearance it is because of my health. For me being clean and moisturized is healthy not beautiful.

M
M
Just have a healthy lifestyle (LIFETIME) and you'll look best! NO need to spend a lot just to look good. Discipline is the key.

M
M
Beauty is from within. Physical beauty is not that important as what's inside you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.