logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#289906 01/29/07 07:08 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I was so sad to hear today's news that Barbaro's doctors and owners made the difficult decision to put him down. The horse touched so many people with his great promise, heartbreaking breakdown, and valiant struggle to be well again. However, I wanted to focus on positive things, so I thought anyone who wished could put in a note about how they first saw Barbaro and how he affected them.

I first saw a photo of him shortly after the Holy Bull stakes. I have never seen such a fit horse. He exuded confidence, speed, and class.

I knew he was my Derby pick, and I had every belief he would go all the way to the Triple Crown. His performance at Churchill Downs was stunning. It still gives me goose bumps when I think of each time I saw him. I guess that is how I will remember him too.

Darling Poor
Editor of Horses Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I first saw Barbaro the day he broke his leg and that broke my heart to see a horse that way.

I followed Barbaro's story from then on and I think everyone in America, even if they weren't a horse-racing fan, was pulling for him. I know he must have brought joy to those who loved him and his brave fight was an inspiration.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.