Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#283239 12/03/06 06:46 PM
O
oxalis Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I've been very interested to read posts regarding other new websites. I've enjoyed looking at jewelry sites belonging to the new and older members. Being a novice at webdesign, I've received conflicting information about links. Recently I've been told that links are only worthwhile if they are from sites with high rankings. Any advice or comments? I'd also like any constructive criticism on the look of my site. Thanks so much.
www.oxalisjewelart.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#283240 12/05/06 02:30 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Hi Oxalis,

Links are not as useful as they once were for improving search engine ranking. That's because the search engines seem to have realized that people were exchanging links indiscriminately to force higher rankings, without having links that really made their sites better or more helpful for visitors.

Links can still help, however - but you're right, they need to be links from high-ranking sites, and sites that are related to the topic of your site. So, exchanging links with an insurance agency, for example, might not be of much help to you.

That is my understanding of where link-exchange stands right now. It's constantly changing as the search engines update their ranking systems.

As for your site, I think it looks wonderful - and better than most new sites! You're doing a great job.

Chris

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
#283241 12/05/06 02:37 PM
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Links from appropriate sites are good, too. For example, if you google UK crafts, there is a site that comes up high on the list which is sort of a referral site to various specific craft sites. Getting listed on that site continually brings me visitors.
Having my website in my signature on discussions brings me visitors.
And tags and technorati tags will push you to the top of google lists, too.

DJC

www.donnajcarty.co.uk
I welcome comments on my website.
#283242 12/06/06 09:05 AM
Do not underestimate the value of relevant links, even if their page rank is low. Our experience (my husband is our webmaster) shows that a high-quality link coming from a low ranked but relevant page is many times more valuable than a not-related high rank link.
Beside the important role of links to search engine rankings, links are also a nice traffic source. Our site receives about 500 visitors daily, 60% arrive from search engines, 25% from links and 15% are direct visitors (people that specifically type the site URL in their browsers).

Of course, highly ranked relevant links are the best. However, these require a lot of time and effort to get.
Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

#283243 12/06/06 09:05 PM
O
oxalis Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thank you all for giving sincere responses to my question. I value your opinions as I have visited all of your websites and was quite impressed. DJC, I especially enjoyed reading your 'Artist's Statement'. It reflects many of my own feelings about color and art, having worked in watercolor and other painting media for yrs. Chris, your pendants are fabulous with their organic qualities and beautiful brushed finishes. And Sarit, you and your husband are doing a fantastic job because I had stumbled upon and admired your work and your site before I joined Bella Online.
Thanks again!
Patsy
www.oxalisjewelart.com

I think any link to your site is a good link.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Hi,all.
I am quite agreed with the view of Sarit,and you stengthen my feeling of rank improving and all of you give me positive advice.
Your comment on my website is very appreciated.

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.