logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
C
Hi Ladies,
My name is CarolAnn, I am 51, married, mom & grandma. I have been crocheting for 40 years, my mom taught me with thread and it is still my favorite. Yes, I am a threadie although I am making ponchos with yarn right now. I like to make doilies, runners, christmas ornaments, and 3-D items with thread. I also like to mix and match patterns to come up with something unique.
I collect patterns and thread.
Most recently finished items were 22 christmas ornaments for my family and friends.
On hook now are 2 ponchos for my sils.
Next project will be a thread valentine crinoline girl.
Any other threadies out there?

CarolAnn
Thread Artiste
My Crochet, My Art
Sponsored Post Advertisement
crochetlady #288433 01/19/07 11:21 AM
G
G
Hello
I am Gill from the north of England. an avid knitter (love mohair) but not so successful with crochet, love the free form kind of crochet but at the moment just have saucer sized pieces but nothing put together yet. Can't do really fine crochet as my eyes not so good now.
Love this site

gill70 #288463 01/19/07 02:01 PM
Shark
Shark
Hello! I'm Kathi, and I live in West Virginia. I've crocheted off and on for well over 30 years and am currently in the "on" phase. Do afghans. Lots of afghans. Have done three shawls but haven't tried any other apparel-type items yet.

Kathi
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I'm DJC in Norwich, UK. I have not been doing much crocheting lately, but there was a time when I made my living with it. I made custom-fit and designed sweaters and sold them at craft fairs and through a local boutique. I used mostly yarns on cones for weaving, cottons and silks and mohair especially, but also some yarn from local sheep farmers, sometimes working with more than one strand at a time, and I had worked out how to get very close to the same appearance as any knit pattern. I even had one of my sweaters in a catalogue, but the orders came in faster than I could make them, and others I tried to recruit didn't make them to the same standards. I still have a few of my sweaters around. Maybe I'll put them on my website. I wouldn't sell them, because they have that Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman sleeve that was popular at the time, but it would show what I do.

I'm inspired by the article about the crocheted examples of mathematical surfaces. I'm very very tempted to try one of them with some colored magnet wire that I have around at the moment.

I'll stop for now.

DJC in Norwich, UK

www.donnajcarty.co.uk
I welcome comments on my website.
:)Hi!! I am Cheryl and I love to knit and crochet. I have ten grandchildren so I am busy knitting and crocheting for them. I have MS and this helps to keep my hands moving and I hope that I never loose it!! Have a great day and it is nice meeting you. I am from Idaho the frozen land!!!!

I am a gramma with MS and I was dx in 1997. I have five children and ten grandchildren. I love life and to help others!!!
Hi Kate, I saw your introduction on crochetville and decided to join your forum. I'm Ferosa Harold from Trinidad West Indies. I love to crochet doilies. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

Together we Aspire: Together we Achieve
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
knittenmom #289533 01/26/07 02:21 PM
Shark
Shark
I'm Sharlene, and aged (!) and have been crocheting, knitting, etc., since the early 50s. I usually go back and forth between the two, depending on what I'm needing and how I plan to use it. Am very much into charitable gifts, right now, and have been using up all my collected yarns.

Starting to spin and will probably try to do a blend of crochet, knitting, and weaving. Or, will just get too pooped and have a nice cup of tea whilst thinking about new projects!!

Sharlene Thomas
Career Training Editor, Bella Online
CreativeHandz
StariaMelodies
crochetlady #289669 01/27/07 08:03 PM
L
L
Hi everyone well will introduce myself also. Name is Lesa mom to 2 girls. I am 26 years old and live in Wisconsin. I love to crochet just found this hobby about 9 months ago self taught. I always sewn for many many years but, wanted to change up my hobby a little bit and have been doing great with crocheting wanted to get to know others that crochet also.

Check out my blog if you like from crocheting to sewing.

Glad I join.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lesa

Lesalicious #289825 01/29/07 12:06 AM
isn't it lovely, we are all a mix of ages, continents and families, big and small with the 1 love of crochet. we all talk the same talk. happy to meet all of you.
helen in aust

helenpeta #289860 01/29/07 12:47 PM
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thankyou to everyone for introducing themselves and saying hello. Do carry on introducing yourselves as you drop into the forum - it is great to meet everyone and what a diverse bunch we are!

Kate

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.