logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#289411 01/25/07 03:08 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Well now - i am now the proud owner of two fiber bunnies. One is a black, whose name is Blue, because her fiber is a grey-blue, and the other is a red satin angora whose name is Penny. she is a red. They are 7 and 11 weeks old and cute as can be.
Wheeeeee.
Beth -
Spinning editor.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Oh, how great! We just lost our bunny (not a fiber rabbit, though he did produce very feltable fur). They are great pets and angora is such a nice fiber.

Julie

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
ooooh - do post a pic!!!

I used to have a red satin angora - he was lovely and his fibre was great. I used to really enjoy sitting with him on my lap as I groomed him. I used to 'pluck' the fibre when he was malting rather than use clippers or scissors.

Kate

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Where i live keeping rabbits of any kind is illegal so unfortunately i will never have the pleasure of owning my own fibre bunny.The only legal bunnies in Queensland are dust bunnies lol! But i can buy angora from interstate where the laws on rabbits are less strict.We Aussies were over run by rabbits introduced by early settlers and they caused a lot of damage.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Wow - I didn't know that about keeping rabbits in Oz! I was suprised when we moved to Spain that we weren't allowed to bring them on the ferry as sailors regard them as being bad luck. Something to do with them escaping and eating through the wood in days gone by.

I shall regard those cute little fluffy bunnies in a different light now!!

Kate

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Hello!
I too have some bunnies that I spin. They are English Angora's (one is named Truffles and the other is named Fluffy Puff.) They really are wonderful pets. I have thought about getting a male too but I think I'll hold off on that. Two is enough for me to brush and spin.

Here is a picture of Fluffly Puff
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
OP Offline
S
I have begun to spin the rabbits' fur. Blue has now gotten out of her baby coat and very cooperatively gave it all to me. I also sit and pluck them rather than use clippers, shears, or anything that might scare them. Penny, the red Satin has now doubled her size and is going to grow out of baby coat too. Blue's fiber is wonderful to spin - works great with almost any other fiber. I did an alpaca, angora, wool blend recently that was just to die for!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.